𝟎𝟒. 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐒

(CHAPTER FOUR : AMANTES SUNT AMENTES)

(CHAPTER FOUR :
AMANTES SUNT AMENTES)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

NONE OF US SPOKE for a long while after Elijah's comment regarding Kol. The only sounds that were detectable to the vampire ear were the lumbering of feet and pounding heartbeats of the humans preparing the food in the kitchen. To refer to the situation as extremely awkward would have been understating the gravity of the strained environment that had been created. Considering all five of us could talk our way to Hell, it was unusual to find us all scrambling for conversation.

"It's just the allure of the Petrova doppelgänger, still so strong." Klaus courageously shattered the excruciating silence. "What do you say, brother? Should we tell them about Tatia?" He quizzed Elijah, his brother only tutting.

"I do believe we agreed to drop the subject of Elena Gilbert and any topics that coincide with her, ergo her ancestors." I interjected snappily, unable to tolerate the meaningless small talk, infuriating dinner or more flippant discussions about my friend without her knowledge. She didn't deserve to have her life mapped out for her by a power hungry Hybrid and his prideful brother. And I would defend the right for her to make her independent choice for as long as she lived her happy, human life.

Ignoring my fierce attitude, Elijah calmly declined exploring the subject of Tatia Petrova deeper. "Now why should we discuss matters long since resolved?" He queried, dabbing the corners of his mouth with an unused napkin.

"Well, given their shared affection for both Elena and Katerina, I think our guests might be curious to learn about the originator of the Petrova line." Klaus explained, boredom lacing his lazy tone. Due to that, it came to light that he had ulterior motives and he desired to create chaos.

Damon, who sat beside me, perked up at the suggestion. "Well, we're not going anywhere Elijah. Please, do tell." He simpered, sparing a look to his brooding brother.

"When our family first settled here, there was a girl named Tatia." He began to tell the elaborate tale, wonder twirling in his misty eyes. "She was an exquisite beauty. Every boy of age desired to be her suitor, even though she'd had a child by another man." Elijah hesitated, sucking in a stark breath. "And none loved her more than Niklaus." He stated eventually, his impeccable posture twitching temporarily.

"I'd say there was one who loved her at least as much." Klaus argued.

"Wait, the two of you loved the same girl?" I checked, profoundly baffled at the thought of those two opposite brothers loving the same girl. "That could not be more——" As I tended to, I was prepared to ramble about how wrong and unfair that was, until I was interrupted.

"Couldn't be more romantic, right?" Damon elbowed me, gritting his teeth in an humiliating bid to find himself on the 'good' side of the Original—purely for the sake of his murder scheme.