𝟎𝟓. 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

(CHAPTER FIVE : HOUSE OF MEMORIES)

(CHAPTER FIVE :
HOUSE OF MEMORIES)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

SNAPPING MY OWN NECK like a twig was a witless, imperious decision of mine that I made without considering the consequences of it. Although the pain was manageable, the sluggish aching in my neck was relatively unpleasant. However, one thing was not nearly as 'manageable' was the unrelenting, pervasive throbbing in my head. To my misfortune, snapping my neck was not the quick fix I hoped for in subsiding the excruciating pain my head. It was pounding, stinging, burning.

Snapshots flickered through my mind, reminding me what happened before I released my strident scream and dropped to the ground in the most dramatic manner. Daggers. They were worn at the handle, used a lot perhaps. Klaus. He was intimidated by the message that accompanied the daggers. Kol. Striking a chord inside of me, a impromptu burst of discomfort propelled me forward, causing me to stagger several steps. Gripping the side of my head, I remained clueless as to what was wrong me, hoping to shake the tingling sensation away.

Blink.

For a reason unknown to me, Klaus was greatly satisfied by this detail. "Now, take this knife and stab it into your heart, love." He instructed venomously. For a reason unknown to me, I was greatly obliged to do as he commanded. And I did.

Blink.

"Kol," I called out to him, my voice high pitched as my gown got caught on the vine I was climbing down. "I think I am stuck." I fretted, tugging gently at my dress as I tried to untangle the material from the long plant that lead down from my balcony. "If I fall, would you promise to catch me?" I asked, a playful giggle bubbling an escape from my lips. This was all so thrilling.

Blink.

"Enough, Nik." An unfamiliar blonde zoomed in to scold the man before turning to grab my face, forcing me to meet her startling navy eyes. "You will forget of Nik and I, the name Mikaelson will become nothing to you from this point onwards. You had a lover many years ago, but you will not remember his name." She coaxed, my body drooping as her soothing voice drew me under her compulsion. "Klaus did not compel you to kill yourself, your death was natural and this meeting will be but a blank in your mind." She, for I still didn't know her name, finalised. Following that, she had blurred away before I could fathom how I had managed to be compelled.

Blink.

All at once, the memories bombarded me, battling their way through, desperately wanting to surface. Each time one did, it was like a gulp of fresh air after drowning for a century. From the sweet nothings he hummed to the memories that had been compelled away, they all freed me from the long suffering confusion I'd endured.