𝟐𝟏. 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒

(CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE : HARD FEELINGS)

HARD FEELINGS)

✧࿐ ཾ✧

STREAMS OF DAYLIGHT PIERCED through the glass windows of the Salvatore Boarding House, waking me from my slumber. I was curled up on the worn couch, a plaid blanket draped over my frame and a blood bag on the coffee table in front of me. Whimpering, I dragged my body upright to focus on what happened. Alaric tried to kill me. Stefan and Damon were unconscious at the high school. Kol was on the phone. Kol — was he a mirage or did he come to my rescue? I couldn't recall leaving the parking lot and any vampire could enter Damon's place. Either I was crazy or Kol Mikaelson saved my life.

I needed confirmation, I needed to thank him, but, when I reached into my pocket for my phone, I found it to be missing. It was still at the school. Just as I lost all hope of finding the answers I craved, a phone rung. In the parlour, attached to a winding cable, the Salvatores kept an old-style house phone. "Hello?" I picked up the device uncertainly, unsure of who would be ringing the brothers from anything other than their mobile in this century.

"He has Elena." Then, there was static on the other line, the white noise irritating my sensitive hearing. "Klaus has Elena at his mansion and he's taking her blood." They recapitulated when I failed to respond.

"Who is this?" I babbled.

Feet pounded against the ground on the other line, screams tarnishing the silent air. "Tyler." He unveiled. "I left a message on Stefan's phone, but he didn't answer. You got to get here fast, Lottie." The Lockwood exhorted, recognising my voice from the moment I picked up. In fairness, I barely interacted with the boy and would have struggled to pick out his face from the crowd if it weren't for the handful of photos I seen — courtesy of Caroline Forbes.

"Ah, the Calvary are otherwise...occupied." I acted coy about the whereabouts the two vampires.

"Lo—— st —— get —— now." The contact grew distorted, growling and whines audible above all. Clearly, Klaus had discovered his loyal hybrid to be spilling his wicked plans. And that made me run. Whether I cared for Tyler or not, the only person that was meant to die today was Alaric.

✧࿐ ཾ✧

Even with perk of vampire speed, I arrived too late at the Mikaelson Mansion. Luckily, Stefan and Damon received Tyler's memo after regaining consciousness. By the time I broke the lock on the door, my services were no longer needed. Yet again, Elena Gilbert was safe on the sidelines and the villain had been defeated. I thought they would stop at retrieving their damsel, but the brothers had other plans. Imagine my astonishment when I burst into the Originals' home to find Tyler restraining his sire and Stefan with his hand in Klaus' chest.