Chapter 8- Holding Pinkies *Edited*

A/N: Hey everyone! So sorry for the late update. Life has been kind of busy lately and I just had a death in the family. But I figure I shouldn’t make anyone wait anymore so here’s the next chapter. Hope you guys like it! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LC'S POV:

My group and I are standing by our cars before school starts and I’m thinking about last night. Despite what happened with Ryder earlier in the day, last night was great. I got to talk with Chase about our relationship and even though I didn’t get to stay by his side the whole night just looking at him from across the way was good enough for me. Granted, I was scared. Scared because I didn’t know where Ryder was. I didn’t want him to just show up and somehow get me alone. I made sure to stay away from the tree line that leads into the woods. I could tell that Chase could sense my fear and he was worried about that too so he kept a very watchful eye on me making me feel a whole lot better; safe.

No one seemed to notice Chase’s watchful eyes except for one Riley Harris. I kept seeing her look between me and Chase while giving me knowing looks here and there mixed with smirks and happiness. Does she know?

“You know that I know right?” Riley whispers to me.

Well that was fast.

“Uh-Know what?” I asked with a stutter. Why me? Is “MR. PARKER IS MY MATE” written on my forehead?

She giggles, “LC, come on. Did you forget that I have a you-know-what as well? Anyone paying attention could see that you-know-who is your you–know-what.”

I can’t help but laugh at her keeping the word, “mate” and Chase’s name out of this conversation. I send her a thankful look for knowing to keep this on the down low.

“Damn you and your knowing ways.” I joke.  “Blake knows too.” I inform her.

“What?!” She yells confused as to how our “takes five minutes to catch on to a knock-knock joke” Blake knows when I obviously wasn’t telling anyone.

Everyone’s head snaps towards us with confusion written all over their faces. I nudge Riley in the side for her outburst.

“What’s going on?” Ace asks.

“N-nothing.” Curse that stutter!

“Yeah, I don’t believe you. What’s wrong?” He pushes.

“Nothing. Really Ace. I just told Riley that Red Vines are better than Twizzlers.” Oh gosh. Really LC?

“What?!” from Ace.

“That’s insane!” from Riley.

“Hell yeah!” and high fives from Blake and Carter.