Chapter 9- Reminder: Thank the girl that pushed me over.

A/N Hope you guys like it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LC'S POV:

As we walk into the cafeteria I spot my friends all at our regular table. I look over at Chase to see that he's already looking at me.

"See you later teach."

He laughs.

"See you later Miss Connor" he says before he turns and walks out of the cafe.

As we part ways I make my way over to my friends when Brittney, one of the girls that doesn't quite like me because I wouldn't help her get with B, stands in front of me with her arms crossed and a glare on her face.

I sigh. "Hey Brittney. What can I do for you today?"

"Well, for starters you can leave my man alone." She spit out.

"That's going to be kind of hard being that he's my brother, Brittney." I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

She gets closer to my face and says, "I'm not talking about your brother, although I'm sure I can persuade him to ditch you for me..."

I snort. One, because B avoids her like the plague and two, because I can see that even she doesn't believe it.

"...I'm talking about Adam."

I stiffen. "W-what?"

"You heard me. Stay away from him. I know you guys have something going on. He told me. But I think he just pities you since that hot piece of meat Ryder dumped you." She said licking her lips at the mention of Ryder.

"Ok, now I honestly don't know what you're talking about. There is nothing going on between me and Adam. Absolutely nothing." I say, not caring that she thinks Ryder broke up with me. She can think what she wants. I move to go around her to get to my friends when she steps in front of me again and lightly shoves me. People are starting to notice our little conversation.

"You're pathetic you know that? Thinking that you can get with Adam. I'm sure Ryder just went out with you as some kind of joke." I'd give anything for that.

"Brittney, I'm only going to say this one more time. I don't know what he told you but nothing is going on with me and Adam nor do I want anything to happen between the two of us." I start to walk away again through with this conversation when she pushes me back so hard that I start to fall. John, a guy that was walking past as I started to fall catches me.

"Whoa! You alright LC?" He asks helping me get my balance.

"Yeah thanks John." I say with appreciation.

He looks at Brittney and notices her glare.

"You need help, LC?" John asks seriously.

"No, I got this. Thanks." He nods and walks off still watching carefully.

I'm use to little shoves here and there from the girls but Brittney just took it too far. As I open my mouth to give her a piece of my mind I hear a loud smack and notice that her glare is replaced with shock and she's holding the side of her face. Confused I look around and see that Riley is now standing next to her. She looks heated and her arm is also raised.

She just slapped her.

"Don't you ever touch LC again! Do you hear me?" Riley yells. If people didn't notice that something was happening before, they sure do now.