Chapter 24 - Love from those just met.

You know that feeling you get when someone is staring at you.

Sometimes the hair on the back of your neck stands up, you might get chills, or you may feel like there’s a slight buzz surrounding your body.

You turn to look and you lock eyes with someone confirming that you were right.

Once you look at them those feelings usually disappear right? They disappear and they’re replaced with irritation, or confusion, or flattery, or shock, or- you get the idea.

They are generally much better then the paranoia that you were feeling earlier.

So imagine having the feeling that a roomful of people are starting at you and that buzzing feeling intensifies so much so that it’s unbearable. You try to look around to see who’s staring at you to get rid of the paranoid feeling but you can’t. You can’t because your eyes won’t open. No matter how hard you try you can’t get them to lift.

So since that doesn’t work you go with the next best thing.

“Stop staring at me.” You say in a soft, raspy voice, one that hasn’t been used in a while it seems, and instantly regret it because now you realize just how dry your throat is.

But the buzz doesn’t let up. What’s going on?

Wait why can’t I open my eyes? Why is my throat so dry? Where am I?

“LANE?”

“She’s waking up!”

“She’s ok!”

The room fills with sighs, crying, talking, loud talking, and really loud talking.

The buzz dies down. Except I can still feel it on my face.

However, I don’t want it to stop.

“Lane, baby?”

Chase?

Slowly but surely I feel like I’m coming to.

Almost as if this numb feeling that is pushing down on my body is being lifted from me.

“Wake up, love.”

There’s Chase again.

I try to open my eyes and find that they’re not as heavy as before.

“Please. Come on. Open your eyes for me, baby.”

At the sound of his pleading that ‘buzz’ that I was feeling on my face is heightened to what it really is. Tingles.