Chapter 4

"FINLEY!" I yell in agony as I'm carried away, the sound of Finley screaming embedded in my ears.

I fight against the man holding me, my arms pounding against his back. It doesn't faze him, however, and only makes him speed up. The blood rushes to my head and I have to try to keep consciousness. His nails are digging into my legs, preventing me from even moving them. Suddenly I'm thrown down from his shoulder, landing abruptly in the back of a nice car.

Out of nowhere the wolf who had attacked Finley jumps in the car beside me. The other man hops in behind the wheel before speeding off into the night.

I look over at the wolf next to me to see it staring right at me. Its eyes glisten in the moonlight and I freak out under the direct stare. I start moving away from it, stopping when my back hits the door.

"Stay right there," the man driving says. I'm about to go tell him off when I hear a groaning sound next to me. I look over at the wolf just in time to see it change into a male. Well...a naked one.

"Oh god" I turn away quickly and start to pull on the handle of the door. Unfortunately, it's locked, possibly from the outside.

"Don't you dare," a heavy voice breathes in my ear. My arms are suddenly grabbed from behind and I am pushed roughly to the floor of the car.

"Now, you'll stay there until we get to the pack. I don't want any trouble from you."

I can only sit there and grumble. This whole ordeal has been overwhelming and I need time to process it.

While we drive through the streets, I try to understand what's happening. Poor Finley. I blame myself for not having been there to protect him. He's family to me, and I let him down.

As I think about the wolves hurting my family, all the anger that's been dormant for years starts coming out, making me loathe the men in the car with me even more. I can feel my chest heaving and heart pounding in my ears before I finally come up with a plan to escape. I realized that none of the guys ever checked me for weapons, leaving me with my small army knife in my pocket. 

"AAAAH!" I screw loudly as I jump from the floor, scaring both of the guys. The one in the back reaches forward but I promptly give him a good kick in between the legs.

"That's what you get for hurting the people I love!" 

He bends over, groaning loudly along with yelling a series of curses at me. A small grin spreads across my face at seeing him in pain. He hurt Finley, this is what he deserves. I give him a good punch to the head just as the driver stops the car.

Scrambling into the passenger seat, I grab hold of the door handle, pulling it open to my freedom. I just about make it out when the driver grabs my left arm. Luckily, since I'm right handed, I stab my knife right into his arm.

"Auugh!" He makes a pained sound, pulling out the knife from his arm and throwing it to the floor. As soon as I'm free I'm bolting out the doors and sprinting with all my might.

I run fast, almost tripping on my own legs because of how dark it has gotten. I'm grateful the moon is out, giving me barely enough light to see the ground in front of me. I run mainly on adrenaline but also fueled by anger. 

Knowing I have a great advantage, I slow to a jog and start looking around me for possible hiding spots. Expecting to see buildings, I'm shocked to see that somehow I must have run right into the...woods?

Crap, this isn't good. How did I end up in the place I was trying the most to avoid? I was running so fast, I didn't even realize where I was going. I don't have much time to think, though, because I can hear the sounds of wolves growling in the distance.

On instinct I start climbing up the nearest tree, slowly making my way to the top. I settle myself on a large branch lying flat on my stomach to blend in. 

It's lucky I got out of there fast because within a matter of minutes two wolves appear. I recognize the brown one immediately knowing it was the same one who attacked Finley. I figure the gray colored one is the man who was driving. I notice a slight limp in his left paw and chuckle silently to myself, knowing that it was at my doing.

I watch them for a while as they sniff the area, finally stopping in front of the tree I'm in. In the moonlight I can tell they had circled the tree, stopping once to look up. I hold my breath for a minute before looking back down.

Luckily for me, they must have determined that I was not here because they take off running deeper into the woods. I sigh in relief when they run off, my body leaning back into the sturdy tree.

My eyes start closing on their own, probably from exhaustion and from my adrenaline wearing off. I look up towards the stars, falling asleep to the tiny lights twinkling above.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

If you are reading this message, thank you so much for reading my story! I'm new to writing and appreciate any read, comment, and vote. 

-Allinall126

(Hope you're enjoying my story so far!)