Chapter 13

There before me stands the one wolf that haunts me at night, the one that killed my family.

An unexpected growl suddenly erupts from my throat and I feel my chest begin to heave.

"Eden?" Baylor's looking at me concerned.

My gaze narrows and suddenly I can only see my target, the wolf. He murdered my family, he murdered my brother. 

I feel my body heating up and a sudden sense of energy runs through me. My ears pick up more sounds and my eyesight grows sharper. 

"Eden, what's happening?!"

I let out a howl and suddenly take off towards my one true enemy, my four paws hammering against the ground. Hold up, my paws?

I don't have to think because my target's ears suddenly go back as he darts off to the left.

Don't even think you can get away from me

I feel wolves around me, some nipping my paws, others hanging from my coat. I tear through them, shaking them off. Nothing can stop me.

I leap, landing on top of the wolf, my sharp teeth tearing into his flesh. Red blood drips from my mouth as he squirms out of my jaws. He escapes my hold and turns towards me, in pain.

We face off, circling each other. He looks hesitant and limps slightly. I lunge, striking him on the side and pushing him to the ground. I'm about to end his life by biting his neck on instinct until I stop and realize what's happening.

I step away from him and look to my side where a puddle of water turning red from the blood shows me my reflexion.

My green eyes stare back, but my face is much different than what it once was. My nose has become a snout and light brown hair covers my body. My ears have elongated and grown into a point. I'm a wolf?

Oh no, oh no. This isn't good. I start hyperventilating and look around me in a panic. My vision is distorted but I'm definitely closer to the ground.

Ahhh!

I curl up in the fetal position and moan, panicking in my new body. All I want is to be back to normal and I will myself back. I feel myself growing colder, my bones and muscles suddenly stretching out, my fur disappearing.

The crisp autumn wind nips at my pale skin and I look up, seeing Baylor above me.

"You're a werewolf," his face is shocked, "you're a female werewolf!"

I bend over and vomit, my stomach curling at all that's happened. I hear shouting around me but I can't understand, and I cover my ears.

Someone wraps a blanket around me and I hold it close, wanting to disappear. I wipe my face and see its covered in blood.

I'm just like them, I'm a monster.

"He needs help Alpha, Kaylen needs help!" One of the warriors turns back into a human and pulls Baylor away from me.

I turn and see the wolf I wounded lying on the ground. He's in pain, but he'll live.

A growl erupts from me and I feel my body grow warm once again. Before I can do anything to stop myself, I am suddenly back in wolf form, running again at the hurt wolf.

"Someone stop her!"

Three wolves charge at me from the left at the sound of their Alpha's command. They manage to bulldoze me to the side, but I hold my ground, a new course charted in my head. 

Suddenly, I am attacked from behind and cornered into a tree. The wolf before me is dark, almost black. Its eyes match its coat and I know immediately it's Baylor.

*Eden what is going on with you?*

I jump in fright, hearing his voice in my head. 

He continues to speak, *Eden stand down, STAND DOWN!*

His commanding voice is demanding and I fight the urge to submit. I shake my head, trying to clear my head of his voice.

*Eden, SHIFT!*

My body fights the urge to go against the Alpha. I remember on TV they said a wolf can never go against their Alpha. It's a good thing then that I know he will never be my Alpha. 

*I will never give into you, Baylor*

His face looks shocked that I managed to speak to him through mind-link, but in all honesty, I did it on instinct.

Before he can try and stop me, I dart away from him and towards the woods. I can feel wolf presence behind me and know I'm being pursued.

All right wolf body, let's see what you can do.

I speed up, gaining ground with the traction in my feet and the agility of my body form. I dart in and out of the trees until the wind around me whistles in wake of my speed.

Colors of fall melt around me and I feel as though I am flying, no longer on the ground at all. I look back behind me and see how distant my pursuers have become, only specs in the great wooded expanse. 

I've outrun them.

I slow down, my paws crunching the dead leaves that litter the ground. Spotting some mud, I roll around, trying to cover my scent.

My body acts purely on instinct and I follow my senses to a river. Peering down at myself I see my brown coat tinged dark red and caked with a light colored mud. Twigs and bits of leaves stick to me, giving me a nice camouflage but making my skin itch. 

I rub against a tree before making my way deeper into the woods.

I have to find a way back into the city.

Using my wolf senses I sniff the air, hoping for anything to lead me out of wolf territory.

Rust, I smell rust.

 It's faint, but I start following the faint rust smell, hoping for anything to lead me home.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Promised you guys a quick update, so here it is. Hope you guys enjoyed it! 

Thanks again for all the amazing comments and likes. I love all my readers and appreciate you guys taking the time to read my story!

-Allinall126