Chapter 27

POV-Baylor

*We found her, Alpha!* Jared mind-links me anxiously.

*What do you mean*" I ask, groggily waking up from my nap. My Beta convinced me to sleep after having gone so long without resting.

*We found Rogue, we found where your mate is!*

I jump up and hurry out of my room, yelling for my pack. People stumble out of rooms, immediately transforming into their wolves as I commanded. Andrew and Carter approach anxiously and wait by my side.

*Send your location to the pack, they'll be on their way* I mind-link Jared.

My pack immediately begins howling as they hurry off to wherever Jared is located.

"What are you going to do, Alpha?" Carter asks, hesitantly.

"I'm going to take back my mate," I say, clenching my teeth.

"What about your arm?" Andrew asks.

"Already healed, doc gave me some extra medicine which fused my bones."

I start walking faster through the house, both Andrew and Carter following close on my heels.

"Are you sure this is the best way-" Carter starts before I cut him off.

"It's the only way," I say before turning into my wolf.

It's time we end Rogue once and for all

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

POV-Eden

They're coming

What?

They're coming now

I open my eyes and look around, only to see Finley laying next to me in bed. His arm is wrapped tightly around my waist while he sleeps soundly. I slowly get up, trying not to wake him.

Eden, listen to me. You must warn the others. You must lead.

The voice in my head is soft and familiar.

"Clarissa?" I whisper, as I quietly slip out of my room.

Yes Eden

"Who's coming? I'm not dreaming, am I? How are you speaking in my head?"

No time Eden. Baylor and his pack are coming. They are coming ready for blood, ready to take you back

"No!" I whisper to myself.

Eden, listen to me. Find Isaiah, tell him what's coming. Show him the locket, tell him to grab the thistle cube.

"The what?"

Then, warn the others. Prepare them for the fight of their lives.

"Clarissa!"

Don't trust Calfur, Eden. Don't trust...I must go. I'm going to be cut off.

'Wait!"

The voice leaves my head and I stand in the middle of the hallway. Speechless I look around and try to breathe.I hesitantly grab the pendant around my neck and snap it open.

Eden, do not take this power lightly

That's when I begin to run.