Chapter 30

"Keep her steady, so she doesn't wake up." 

"She'll be out for a while. Such a small girl, that blow was good enough to knock her out for days."

"We need to keep an eye on her. She may be small but she's one heck of a fighter"

Voices swarm around my head and I feel as if I'm in a dream. My body is stiff and every movement sends my aching brain into a burning fire.

What happened?

I feel my arms bound together by something heavy that is resting on my stomach. My ankles too, as if someone tied a weight to them. I want to open my eyes but something warns me against it so I stay still, listening for anything that might further tell me what is going on.

"Stop!" Whoever is holding me freezes and I feel people around me hold their breath. The person who shouted sounds angry and authoritative. The voice is so familiar...

"Give her to me," the voice calls out. I am quickly transferred between arms into ones that are much stronger and bigger. Unlike the last set of arms, the ones holding me now wrap tightly around me until I feel like my lungs are about to explode.

"She's still out cold," a voice calls out from behind us, "we made sure she was still asleep."

"How can you be so sure Jared?" The voice holding me calls out, gripping me even more tightly than I could've imagined possible. "She could be faking for all you know."

It takes all my willpower to remain still and slow my breathing. I don't know what these people want but whatever it is, it can't be good.

"Alpha, I thought-"

"Silence!"

Alpha? Oh no.

Even more quickly than I could've imagined all the details I had previously forgotten come rushing back to me. The battle, Isaiah's death, being captured.

This is not good.

"You underestimate my mate," the voice I now recognize to be Baylor's replies, "she has outsmarted you all and is indeed a female werewolf. I will not be taken for a fool again."

Suddenly, without warning, the arms holding me let go and I begin to fall towards the ground. Trying to protect the fall I open my eyes and try to maneuver my body to brace myself. Before I can hit the ground though, I am caught and pulled right back into Baylor's arms.

"See, she's up." Baylor sneers down at me and I stare in silence and in shock back at him.

"You are never getting away from me again," Baylor says, beginning to carry me through the woods. I look around and realize we are surrounded by others from his pack, all who are marching me back to their territory.

My hands are bound together by a thick piece of metal, as well as my ankles. The weighted feeling makes it difficult to move them, but not impossible.

"Let-me-GO!" I grunt out, struggling in Baylor's strong hold and against my bonds.

"I wouldn't do that," Baylor says, looking at Andrew. Andrew looks down and pulls a small device out of his pocket.

Immediately pain spreads through the metal binding me and I scream in agony, the smell of burning filling the air.

"MAKE IT STOP!" I scream out, only wrestling harder against Baylor. With tears streaming down my face I finally feel the metal burn less and less till it returns to its original state.

"It's silver," Baylor says, seeing me in pain, "silver hurts werewolves. I thought you might want to know"

I scream once again, biting my lip to keep from crying. I need to get out of this metal, now!

Suddenly, it comes to me. I have to shift.

I focus on my wolf form and will myself out of the cuffs. My body begins to vibrate but then stops, and I am left in human form.

Why can't I shift?

"Did you think I would be stupid enough to let you shift? I made sure these cuffs were laced with a powerful dose of wolfsbane to keep you weak and human," he laughs.

I am not weak.

I struggle against his grip, kick against him and pound my bound fists against his abs. "LET ME GO!"

"Turn on the cuffs," Baylor states, pushing against me to keep me from lashing out.

The pain once again shoots through my body and I scream, feeling my muscles stiffening against the burn. 

I can't take this!

Then suddenly, my world goes dark.

  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

POV-Baylor

Finally, I have my mate. 

I knew she was a fighter and I knew I would need to do everything possible to keep her in my grasp.

Holding her limp body as we finally arrived at the pack house was me finally bringing her home. She's home with me.

"Take her down to the dungeons!" I yell out, handing her to Carter. Her hair lays matted and soaked even more red with blood from the battle. Dirt covers her like a blanket and even though she is naked,you wouldn't be able to tell with all the dirt on her.

"Get her cleaned, check her for weapons, then come get me. I need to sort some stuff out." I leave her with Carter and go into my office searching through my cabinets for information on Rogue.

I need to know what I need to do to ultimately destroy the group that took my mate from me.

"They're all going to die," I mutter to myself, imagining my Eden forced to stay in their prison.

*Alpha, what should we do about her necklace* Carter mind-links me.

*Just bring it to me,* I say, still digging through my files.

*Uhh-that's not going to be possible, Alpha. You need to see this*

What is going on?

  ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

YAY! We're back now and almost at 100k!

I can't believe it. I never expected my story to be this recognized or read. Thank you for everyone who makes writing enjoyable for me and those who continue to support my works.

Comment and vote!

-Allinall126