Chapter 5

POV- Baylor

"Baylor!"

My door to my office is thrown open followed by my Beta, Andrew. 

"Andrew seriously, couldn't you wait till morning? I'm busy!"

Ever since becoming the Alpha, I've been up in my new office, trying to keep up with all the loads of work that's included in the job description. It's a late night once again, maybe around 1 am, so I wasn't expecting to see anyone.

"Sorry Alpha, Jared just got back from searching, and well..."

"Well, what?"

"Um, you're not going to like this"

"What is it?!"

"He and Kai found a young female"

"Well then bring her here! We haven't found a female in a long time! I'm sure she is the mate to someone..."

Andrew starts winging his hands together showing me there's something he hasn't told me yet. I've known him long enough to know there's something he thinks I'm not going to like.

"What is it, Andrew?"

He takes a deep breath before cautiously continuing; "I'm sorry Baylor, but she got away. Jared and Kai have no idea where she went and that..."

I cut him off by storming out of my office. Jared knows better than to let females slip from his grasp.  The fact that he found one in the first place is rare enough. My pack's strength relies on our male warriors finding their mates. Also, what sort of Alpha would I be without a female at my side.

"Jared!" I see him and his partner, Kai, in the living room downstairs.

When he sees me coming, he quickly stands and puts his hands up defensively.

"Whoa, I'm sorry Alpha. She's was a quick one, and tough."

I growl and quickly push him back so he hits the wall behind him. As he crumples to the ground I whirl around to see his partner, Kai, quivering behind the couch.

"I pay you two to capture and find any survivors. We haven't found a female in ages, and you just let one get away?!"

When they don't respond, I gesture to Andrew, who is standing in the doorway.

"I want you to create a team of five of our best warriors. The sooner we send a hunt out for her, the better chances we have of finding her. I want you and Carter to also go along. Jared, Kai, you two can go to bed. You've done enough already."

Kai and Jared shuffle away nervously from the living room, leaving me and my Beta.

"Don't worry Alpha, we'll find her"

  •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

POV- Eden

I wake up to a bird chirping right above me. I sit up quickly and almost fall, forgetting that I slept in a tree. How in the world did I manage to sleep the whole night up here without falling? 

I peer down and look at my surroundings. The ground appears bare, the only signs from last night being the faint paw prints from my two captors. 

Well, ex-captors

I decide it's best to move from my tree, hopefully, make my way back to the city. I slide down the tree, picking up pieces of bark on my leather jacket. When I get close enough to the bottom, I jump down but manage to keep my footing.

Something suddenly darts out of the bushes in front of me, and I'm quickly moving backwards, expecting to see a werewolf. Instead, though, I find myself facing a small deer. I chuckle to myself at my paranoia and watch as the deer trots over to a near bush. 

I hadn't noticed it before, but scattered amongst the bush were little berries. Well, I guess it's probably good to find some food before leaving.

Not wanting to disturb the deer, I walk a bit deeper into the woods, looking for a similar bush to the one the deer had found. Bingo. A large bush dotted with berries sitting close to a small stream. Perfect.

I go to the bush first, my hunger overpowering my current thirst. The red berries are tangy, seedless, and definitely filling. I eat about five handfuls of them, my hands and face slowly turning red from the juices.

As soon as I'm satisfied I go to the stream and drink greedily. The cold water refreshes and hydrates me. I'm tempted to bathe but remember about getting back to the city.

Before I can move, however, I hear a low growl behind me and quickly turn to come face to face with a fierce looking wolf.

Oh Crap

I look around for an escape but find myself encircled by a total of seven wolves, each one big and tough looking.

I turn back to the wolf in front of me as it growls once again. I slowly move to a crouched position, my arms raised in surrender. I feel all their careful eyes on me, making sure I don't try anything. 

I stare down the wolf in front of me once more, right before I let out my best impression of an intimidating growl. 

A grin spreads across my face as I watch its confused look as it cocks his head sideways. I give a wink in its direction and then spring up from my crouch, taking a leap over its massive body. My legs quickly respond to my movement, and I'm soon running faster than I ever have. 

I don't make it far when a heavy force knocks me down from behind. I try to get up, but a wolf sits on top of me, keeping me pinned down.

The wolf above me shifts, and I feel the hard paws soon become strong hands, gripping both my arms. I try to squirm underneath the grip but my head is grabbed and pushed down right into the dirt beneath me.

"Carter, lead the way back to the pack. We got what we came for."

And with that, I receive a painful blow to the head, leaving me in complete darkness.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hope you all enjoy the update! I appreciate any votes or comments!

-Allinall126