Chapter 20

Before me stands Baylor, snarling, his whole body dressed in black. I look around, hoping to see the face of Isaiah or even Calfur, but everything and everyone around me has faded away into a white fog. 

Is this a dream?

My mind can't quite grasp what's going on, Baylor's angry face consuming my whole being. I try to take a step back but my feet are glued to the floor, keeping me paralyzed.

"Eden"

I stop fighting and look up, my eyes coming in contact with Baylor's. His black eyes stare down at me and he keeps approaching slowly.

"What is this?" I ask, fighting against the invisible force.

He smiles, "It must be the combination of the fact that you're a female werewolf plus the mate of a powerful alpha that allows me to contact you through mind floods."

"Mind floods?"

"It's where I can communicate with you through a dream-like state, but in real time."

I look around at all the fogs and mist, "so this is all just a dream?"

"Sort of. Now Eden, where are you?"

I frown, "I'm not going to tell you."

Baylor takes another step towards me, looking furious. I try to move back, but my legs are frozen in place. 

"Don't try to get away from me, Eden. I'm much stronger than you."

"You think you have the most power, Baylor? I'm the female werewolf. I'm the one who escaped you and the one you'll never find!"

"If you're really that strong than free yourself. The alpha always wins."

I smile, "Like I already said, Baylor, you're not my alpha."

I close my eyes and will myself to grow taller and taller. Willing myself to be free of the sticky glue keeping me on the floor.

"What are you doing?!" Baylor yells

When I look down I realize I have floated up into the mist and was now looking down at Baylor's confused state. I also realize that the old shirt I was wearing has now turned into my most comfortable black clothes, my leather jacket, and black combat boots.

"Where are you!?" Baylor says, looking around.

"You're not the only one with power here, Baylor" My voice booms loudly down from my spot, sounding like thunder.

"Eden...?"

"Don't come looking for me, you can't win this time"

"Eden don't you dare..."

With that, I take a deep breath and will myself back to Rogue.

 •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Eden, please wake up?"

Someone keeps shaking me, disturbing my sleep. 

Five more minutes...

"Eden, please..."

I open my eyes slowly realizing it's Isaiah talking. I wonder what he could want this early in the morning?