Chapter 25

POV-Baylor

"Are you sure you want to do this?" 

"Yes, I need to."

"You know the mate bonds are complicated," the doctor tells me, "it's possible that the pain becomes even worse for her."

"I need her to know I'm coming for her"

After fully explaining my situation to the doctor he has grudgingly agreed to help me. Eden can try to ignore the mate bond but hopefully, the connection through pain will create another mind flood.

I need to find her.

"Just a simple break," I say as he grabs my left arm. 

"Yes Alpha," he says, sighing.

"On three. One...Two...Three!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

POV-Eden

"I'm so hungry," I say, the smells of greasy foods wafting from the cafeteria.

"Just wait till you try the enchiladas here," Finley chuckles.

"I hope they have dessert," I say, thinking about my favorite chocolate cake recipe I used to make. 

Just then I stop, feeling sick. My stomach starts churning and a searing pain comes over my arm.

"Eden?"

I look up to see a panicked look on his face as turns towards me.

"Are you okay? Eden? Eden!" He shouts, catching me just as I fall over.

Sweat starts forming on my face and a wave of heat washes over me. What's happening?

"Eden, Eden you're burning up." He says, lifting me into his arms.

"My arm" I screech out, panting from pain and exhaustion.

"Just hang on..."

Eden

no

Eden

I open my eyes and instead of Finley carrying me, I see Baylor.

"I knew I would find you"

"What do you mean, Baylor?" I say, my pain finally subsiding.

"I have you now. Come home with me." He says sweetly.

Suddenly it hits me. "It was you. You made me be in pain so you could contact me!" I yell accusingly, pushing myself out of his arms and landing on the white marble floor beneath us.

"I had to hurt myself in the process!" He shouts angrily, "that's how much I want you back!"

"Well, you can't have me. Go away!"

"No," he says lunging at me and grabbing the arm that had previously been hurting.

"AHHGG!" I scream, the searing pain boiling my arm down to nothingness. I do the only thing I can think of, knee him right where the sun don't shine.

As he groans loudly and falls to the floor, I stand up straighter, clutching my burning arm. "You will never, never find me."

"And that's where you're wrong," He mumbles out, standing up again.