Chapter 7: Tournament Day 2

After the battle with Trip, Red is preparing himself for the tournament later on the afternoon at 2:30 pm.

(Remember, they are now outside the hospital, at the field.)

Red - "So guys, anyone who wants to battle later, please step forward."

They are Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur, Scizor, Electivire and Dragonite.

After brainstorming, Charizard is the one who step forward.

Red - "So, do you want to battle, Charizard?"

Charizard roared as a sign of yes while spewing flames at the air and said,

Charizard - "I'm itching for a battle! Let's do this!" He said excitedly.

Red - "I see. Well then everyone, return."

He recalled them to his nanodex and said to his Charizard,

Red - "So, let's warm up a bit."

Charizard nodded in agreement and chooses Pikachu to spar a little. Pikachu then suddenly jump off to his shoulder and went to the field, leaving Red in a corner, watching them.

After a few minutes,

Red - "Okay, That's enough."

Charizard and Pikachu stopped and do the brofist thing or whatever you call on that and Pikachu went back to Red shoulder.

Red - "Remember, keep your power as low as possible so that you will not kill our opponent's pokémon, okay?"

Charizard nodded in agreement and Red recalled him and he walk inside the arena to go to his match.

Few moments later, He arrived at the waiting area at 2:25, earlier than 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes, They were called by the announcer and they proceed to the field. He is against a trainer named John.

Referee - "This is an official between Red from Mount Silver and John from Olivine City. Each trainer will use one pokémon only. Moves such as Baton Pass, etc. are allowed. Trainers, send out your pokémon!"

John - "Go Electabuzz!"

Electabuzz suddenly came from out from his pokèball and prepared himself to battle.

Red - "Go Charizard!"

Charizard appeared in front of him and this is Charizard is different from a regular Charizard. It is bigger than a normal Charizard.

Referee - "Battle begin!"

John - "Use Thunderbolt!"

Electabuzz charges himself with electricity and unleash the attack to Charizard.

Red - "Dodge, then use Dragon Claw." he said calmly.

Charizaed dodged the attack and his two claws glowed green. Slightly larger than before and dashes to Electabuzz.

John - "Dodge it."

Electabuzz didn't have time to dodge the attack so he received it, dealing decent damage. (Electabuzz' hp 88%)

John - "Use Thunder Punch!"

Red - "Use your own Thunder Punch."

Both of them charges their right hand with electricity and strike them each other. Both of them received the attack but Elecatabuzz received more damage than Charizard. (Electabuzz' hp 86%) (Charizard's hp 99.99%)

John suddenly asked a question,

John - "Wait.. How come your Charizard didn't receive very minimal damage or no damage at all?"

Red - "Through his training, He successfully overcome his weakness to electric. From now on, He is immune to all known type but there is one type that he is not immune to it."

When the crowd hears this, they were shocked and surprised that there is one type that exist that even the greatest professors / scientists didn't know.

John - "And what is it?"

Red - "You will know them at the championship round. Right now, let's continue our battle."

John - "Yeah right, sorry about that."

Red - "It's okay."

Referee - "Resume!"

Red - "Use Flamethrower, Charizard!"

John - "Quick, use Light Screen!"

Electabuzz summons a transparent barrier that deflected flamethrower.

Red - "Didn't work. Take this, Use Fire Blast!"

Charizard unleashes a fire with kenji symbol to Electabuzz which he was knocked out.

Referee - "Electabuzz is unable to battle. Charizard wins. The match goes to Red from Mount Silver!"

John returned his pokèmon to it's pokéball and he walked to Red where he recalled his Charizard.

John reached out his left hand saying,

John - "Thanks for the battle, Red." he said with a smile.

Red also smiled and take John's hand to make hand shake and said,

Red - "You're welcome."

John - "I'll watch you until to the finals, so that I will know what type are you talking about and I will cheer you all the way."

Red - "Very well, Thanks."

They separated their ways and Red wins again his second match and he was happy about that.

To be continued...