| One of Those Nights |

Sam x Reader_

Sam x Reader
_

It wasn't often in Y/N and Sam's relationship that he wanted to be held by her, but tonight was one of those nights.

It was one of those nights where the thoughts in the younger Winchester's head became too much for him to bear, one of those nights where he needed to be held and told that everything was going to be okay, even if he didn't think it would be.

Sam exhaled shakily as he entered the bedroom, his eyes landing on Y/N, who was sitting against the headboard with a book in her lap. She was chewing gently on her fingernails with one hand as she held the book open with the other, and in any other situation, Sam would have laughed at her suspense. But right now, she looked like the most comforting person that ever walked the earth. He padded into the bedroom and crawled into bed beside her, wrapping an arm around her waist and resting his head against her chest.

"What're you reading?" he asked softly, the security of her familiar scent making his eyes water slightly.

"The Maze Runner." Y/N answered as she wrapped an arm around her boyfriend, softly combing her fingers through his hair. "I forgot how much of a dick Gally was." she laughed softly, her brow furrowing when she looked over at him and saw the tears swimming in his eyes. "Hey, what's up?" she asked, setting her book aside so she could wrap both her arms around him and rub his back gently in comfort.

Sam shook his head, pressing his face gently against her shirt and letting out a slow, shaky breath. "I just need you to be here. Please." he whispered, clinging to her tightly.

Y/N's heart broke at how small his voice sounded, pulling the comforter further up his shoulder and wrapping her arms around him tight. "I can do that." she said softly, gently running her fingers through his hair. "It's okay." she whispered, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. "I'm here, baby."

Sam curled into her side, letting her warmth envelope him and bring him the comfort and security he so desperately craved. He sniffled as he allowed tears to fall from his eyes, pressing his face further into her shoulder. "Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, my love." Y/N whispered, gently caressing his cheek with the back of her hand and wiping his tears away tenderly. "This is what I'm here for."

Sam sighed shakily, leaning into her touch like a love starved puppy. "Isn't this supposed to be the other way around?"

Y/N's brow furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, aren't I supposed to hold you?"

"Hey, silly moose. Gender roles are for kids."

Sam laughed softly and Y/N smiled.

"There's that smile." she hummed, tipping his chin up and pressing their lips together softly.

Sam hummed quietly against her lips, bumping their noses together gently. "I love you."

"I love you more, baby." Y/N whispered, cupping his cheek and gently brushing her thumb across his cheekbone. "It's going to be alright, yeah? We're going to be alright."

"Okay." Sam whispered, letting himself doze off in her embrace.

Y/N kissed his nose softly, gazing down at him adoringly. No matter how many nights like these there were, she would always be there for him. That much she knew for sure.

_

A/N- wow I love Samuel Winchester with my whole heart

I hope you enjoyed! Thank you for reading! ❤️

Much love,
нαу∂єи ☕️

-Requests are open-