| Intimacy |

Castiel x Reader_

Castiel x Reader
_

Y/N looked up from where she was curled up in bed, scrolling aimlessly through her computer when Castiel entered, making her raised her eyebrows slightly at the angel. "Hey, Cas, what's up?"

"I wanted to ask you a question," Castiel said, slowly venturing into the room and sitting down on the edge of the bed. "You enjoy intimacy, yes?"

Y/N blinked slightly, her lips parting. "I - what?"

"Intimacy. Do you enjoy it?" The angel asked again, raising his eyebrows.

"Um, well, it depends on what you mean." Y/N said, seeming slightly unnerved by the question. "Do you mean intimacy...in general?"

Castiel tipped his head. "I suppose so, yes." he said, nodding.

"Well," Y/N started, setting her laptop on her bedside table and rubbing the back of her neck. "I guess I do, yeah. It's been a while since I've had a close relationship like that with someone, but I guess that's a given, being a hunter." she shrugged.

"Not even sexual intimacy?" Castiel asked, which made Y/N's face break out into a fierce blush.

"Wow, we're getting up close and personal, alright then," she sputtered, her eyebrows shooting into the air.

This seemed to knock some realization into Castiel. "I'm making you uncomfortable. I'm sorry."

"No, no, it's fine," Y/N laughed quietly, shaking her head. "I just...I'm not used to talking about it I guess. Not out loud anyway." she admitted, raising her eyebrows. "I mean, I've had a few hookups I guess, but it's been a while since I've actually been in a real, intimate relationship with someone. If you ask me, non sexual intimacy is really underrated."

"How so?" Castiel questioned, raising his eyebrows.

"I don't know," Y/N shrugged. "I mean, most of the time when people think about intimacy, they think about sex, but to me it's not just that. It's being genuinely close with someone, you know? I mean, that's what the word intimacy means, being close and familiar with a person. Intimacy can mean anything that brings you closer to someone. Like sharing a blanket, or spooning, or just hugging. It's not just all about sex."

Castiel nodded, taking in every word the female said. He blinked his blue eyes at her, tipping his head. "Do you miss it? Having a relationship?"

Y/N tipped her own head in thought, raising her eyebrows. "Honestly? I kind of do, yeah."

"Would you like to have one with me?"

Y/N froze. You just got asked out by an angel of the lord. An angel of the lord just asked you to be his girlfriend. No, your best friend just asked you to be his girlfriend. Your best friend, who happens to be an angel, just asked you to be in a relationship with him. Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God.

"Y/N?"

"What?" Y/N blurted, her eyes slightly wide.

Castiel bit his lip, looking down at his hands as he wrung them together nervously. "I've been thinking about this a lot," he said, a bit softly. "I've experienced a lot of human emotions during my time on Earth and there are some that still confuse me. Love used to be one of them."

Y/N swallowed thickly, raising her eyebrows slightly. "U-Used to be...?"

Castiel looked up at her, meeting her eye with his piercing blue ones and nodding. "Yes. Every time I look at you...I feel it. Something inside my body stirs whenever I look at you and I know for a fact that it's not just lust or contentment. It's love. I know that now."

Y/N stared at her best friend for a moment, her heart pounding harshly inside her chest as she reached forward, cupping his angelic face between her palms - no pun intended. She slowly pressed their lips together and his large hands came up to gently hold her wrists, his thumbs rubbing gently over her soft skin as she moved her hand to tangle it into her dark hair. She pulled away after a long moment, resting their foreheads together gently.

"You know," she said softly. "You could have just told me that before you asked me about my sexual intimacies." she teased gently, making the angel smile brightly at her.

"I love you," he whispered, making the woman's heart flutter as she bumped her nose lovingly against his.

"I love you too, Castiel." she said softly, and their lips were connected again.

_

NOTE!

so. it's been a while. i'm aware.

HOWEVER i just needed a wee bit of time to pull myself together because i felt that my writing was starting to slip a little bit due to my emotional state at the time, BUT ya girl is BACK and BADDER THAN EVER! (and by that i mean i'm still the awkward lil bean who loves to live vicariously through characters in a book and that requests are open once again.) thanks for being patient with me and thanks for reading!! ❤️

Much love,
ʜᴀʏᴅᴇɴ☕️

Much love, ʜᴀʏᴅᴇɴ☕️