Chapter 11 - End of the Secret Admirer

Arjun in deep thoughts rolling the glass on the table, Radhika looking at him with lot of confusions written in her face. She waits for him to start because he only called her here to discuss something important.

Radhika gets irritated of this silence and initiates the convo, "Can you please tell me, why you asked me to meet you here?"

Arjun takes a deep breath and makes an eye contact with her and said, "Fine, let's get married"

Radhika gets shocked hearing him, "WHAT?"

Arjun with an upset look, "Yes, I am ready to marry you"

Rads, "But you love someone else right?" she too gets disappointed hearing him.

Arjun, "Yeah, but looks like I never get what I wanted in my life. And I don't know whether I was in a deep love with her or not, but I agree that I was desperate to find her, get her and wanted to see her. If that's called Love means, yes I love her but at the same time; I wanted my mom to be happy, she will be happy only if I marry you. I accept my defeat and i don't want to hurt her happiness in searching a shadow. I am ready to sacrifice my wish for my mom. Now you have to say your decision"

Rads become dumb listening him but get sad hearing his decision and ask, "Shall I ask you one question?"

Arjun, "What?"

Rads, "What if someone else would have been in my place, would you agree for this marriage still?"

Arjun looks her confused, "What question is this? I agreed to marry you for my mom's sake. Whether it's you or anyone else, I would have still agreed for this marriage"

Rads feels like someone is stabbing her heart. Arjun continues, "I know you will feel bad while I am saying this. I don't have any choice now Radhika."

Rads sits like an idol, he holds her hand saying, "You know what? First time I am speaking to you from my heart. I am not an arrogant or rude as you all think. I wanted to stay with my parents and sister happily but I don't want to get into a marital life and that's the reason I acted to be an arrogant and rude and to avoid this marriage talks I stayed in abroad for long and gave a wrong perception to my mom"

Rads, "But why don't you like to marry?"

Arjun, "Nothing big or serious reasons. I saw my friend's life and decided after seeing them. He loved a girl and married her opposing his family. But their love lasts only for a month after marriage. When they were in love they don't find any negative from each, but when they started living together, they find only their negatives. They had lot of fights, cries and one day they went apart. I watched them helplessly unable to bring them together. I felt so bad for both. It disturbed me a lot, I know it won't be same for all but still I was like why to make a own dig...so I ignored my marriage talks and from that time I stopped myself in coming to India. But when I heard my mom's sick, I am unable to stay there and immediately came down here. From that time she is focusing on my marriage only, I know that. I thought once I find her I can show her to mom and get her wish to marry her, but her choice is different and it's you. I tried to make her understand but she is adamant and I have no choice in leaving my love behind"

Radhika, "You don't feel bad leaving your love and marrying another girl"

Arjun, "Think practically, I was not in love with her for years thinking her for all my life time, so I can come out of it easily. Believe me"

Radhika blinks at him and said, "But you still love her"

Arjun, "I am giving preference for my mom's wish than mine. Is that a wrong?"