TWENTY ONE

"I should go," Liza says breaking the silence of the room which was in existence since Cara walked in on them. "Call me," Liza whispers, loud enough for Cara to hear as she places a kiss on Xander's cheeks. 

She walks towards Cara with a victorious smirk on her face. "See you around." She whispers before walking past her.

Xander stares at Cara indifferently not knowing whether he should explain what she just saw or let it go. She makes the decision for him with her next words, "We should go, our appointment is in 20 minutes." Cara tries not to sound bitter but that's all she be at the moment.

Before he could say anything, Cara walks out of his office in a hurry. She stands outside where the bitch of a receptionist is, now Cara gets why the hoe didn't try to stop her from getting in.

Anyways, Cara isn't going to give her the satisfaction of seeing her upset, so she walks towards the elevator and press the button a couple of times before it opens.

Cara walks into the quiet place where she can get her emotions together, try and process what she just saw. But she can't do that since Xander comes rushing into the elevator before it closes.

"Great, just great," Cara whispers to herself.
~~~~

"The babies are doing great," Gwen says as she moves the doppler on Cara's stomach. Cara and Xander is staring at the screen with so much concentration and adoration.

"Do you want to hear their heartbeats?" Gwen asks.

"We can do that?" Cara mutters her eyes still glued on the screen.

"Yeah," Gwen says as she removes the doppler.

In a few minutes, Cara and Xander hear the most beautiful sound they have ever heard.

It gets Cara emotional, tears in her eyes threatening to drop. She feels her heart expand with the realization of how real all of this is.

Xander takes her hand into his as he focuses on the sounds. For a second Cara wants to stay in the moment, the moment where everything is fairytale-like. The pregnant woman holds the hand of the love of her life and they stare into their future and imagine what their kids will be like.

But this is not a fairy tale especially if Liza is going to be in the picture. Cara slips her hand away from his hold.

Xander looks down at her and he confirms that she really is mad at him.

~~~

"We can have lunch at that your favorite place?" Xander offers.

The role is reversed, usually, it's Cara with chit chats trying to annoy Xander or get him to talk, now Xander is trying to get her to talk.

"I am not hungry," Cara mutters looking out the window.

"That's hilarious," Xander comments given the fact that Cara is always ready to eat.

Cara turns to him and gives him a straight face. Noticing he is not going to stop, Cara shifts to the edge of her seat to have a better look at Marco who's driving.

"So Marco, who's your wife?" Cara asks, shutting Xander and his questions down.

"She's fine, Madam," Macro says nervously.

"For the last time, it's Cara."

~~

Cara is upset, angry and most of all she feels like a fool. All she keeps on asking herself is that are they getting back together. Now she gets why Liza is so cocky, she knows she has Xander wrapped around her little finger.