THIRTY SEVEN

Cara peeps through the window for the thousandth time, she ensures the curtain covers her face as she spies on the BMW outside.

"He has been there all night," Cassie says behind her which makes Cara jolt up and release the curtain immediately

Cara walks away from the window to the couch where she takes her seat. "Don't fall for his dramatics."

Alex hasn't left since Cassie dismissed him yesterday afternoon. Cara won't admit but she woke up a couple of times in the middle of the night to check outside her window. She has been uneasy.

"I was thinking of bringing him breakfast."

Cara shrugs, "You are the one that cooked, suit yourself."

"You are not going to ignore him forever."

"I am going to ignore him for a week until my next doctor's appointment."

"Wow, you are psycho."  Cassie shakes her head in disapproval.

The door opens, making the two women turn their heads to its direction.

"Talk about the devil and his twin arrives," Cara mutters.

"Were you careful? we kind of don't want Paparazzi around here." Cassie says as Xavier walks into the sitting room.

"Yeah," Xavier mutters, as he uses his two fingers to raise Cassie's chin before placing a kiss.

Cara stares at the two suspiciously as they separate. "Are you guys together now?"

Cassie bits down on her lips in excitement before nodding.

Cara jaw drops, "Why didn't you tell me?"

"With everything happening..."

"Fuck everything happening, I happy for you."  Cara smiles, "I will stand up and hug you both but I don't want to."

Cassie lets out a low laugh, "Thanks."

"So is anybody going to tell me what happened yesterday?"

~~~
"I was in front of her when she was making the video-"

Cara interrupts, "Her face was like-" Cara imitates Cassie's face, "It looked like I killed someone."

They all burst into laughter.

"I saw the video on set and I was so happy about it. Finally, Liza got the test of her medicine. Then I got a call from Alex that you left home." Xavier pauses, "He is really worried."

Cara shrugs, "Okay," She simply says.

The room falls silent at Cara's reply.

"The mansion won't be the same without you," Xavier mutters.

~~~

Xander adjusts his suit while walking towards his office in haste to get to the work of the day. He spent the night in his car and when he woke up, he was late for work. Before he got to the mansion to freshen up, it was already late.

Xander's secretary rushes to meet him before he opens his office door.

"Sir, he won't leave. I tried to make him leave." She says.

"Who are you refer-"Xander stops talking when he set his eyes on him after opening the door.

Mark stands up from the couch the minute Xander opens the door.

"You can go now," Xander says to his secretary before closing the door behind him.

He has not had a one-on-one conversation with Mark in a long time and he wished not to. He was certain months ago that speaking to him will bring back old anger and it will lead to a violent outburst but know that it's going to happen, he doesn't feel a thing.