TWENTY FOUR

"Where did you disappear to this morning?" Xander drops his suitcase on the dining table chair and then approaches Cara from behind, placing his hands on her growing baby bump as he places a kiss on her neck. "I love seeing your face when I wake" 

Cara stops arranging the napkins on the dining table and turns to her handsome distraction with a bright smile on her face. "Hey," She mutters before capturing his lips into hers. Slow, soft, and brief, the kiss is a perfect way to start both their mornings

"I was inspired to make breakfast, told the kitchen staff to take the morning off," Cara says as she adjusts his collar.

"You know, you can't always be giving my staff days off. I pay them for a reason." Xander walks over to the chair where he dropped his suitcase.

"Same thing I told her," Jonathan appears from nowhere with Xander's suit.

"Well, some people actually take the day off." Cara rolls her eyes at Jonathan's direction.

"I don't need a day off,"

Xander collects the suit from Jonathan's hands, and then he begins to wear it.

"I bet what you have prepared is mouth-watering, but I have a meeting this morning. I am so sorry." He approaches a pouting Cara and places a light kiss on her cheeks.

"Wait," Cara calls out to Xander who has already picked his briefcase and is ready to leave. Cara walks to the kitchen, then back to the dining with a food jar. She walks to him and stretches it forward with the cutest smile.

"What's this?" Xander looks down at her hand in utter confusion.

"I packed lunch for you," She says, a smile still on her face.

"You are joking right?" Xander says slightly amused.

"Why would I be?"

Xander burst into laughter. He tries to control it seeing that Cara's smile as turned to a frown.

She begins to feel dumb holding the food jar out for him and Cara doesn't like looking dumb. "Keep laughing, I'll pour the hot food on you." Cara frowns.

"I am sorry," Xander tries to control himself, he takes the food jar from her. "Thank you." He places a kiss on her lips before leaving the room.

"Why do I feel stupid?" Cara turns to Jonathan who has been watching the pair.

"Don't, that was a cute gesture," Jonathan says with a straight face.

Cara always wonders if this man has any other facial expression.

"Then why was he laughing?"

"It's foreign to him. No one packs lunch for anyone in this house." Jonathan says as he walks out of the dining to the sitting room.

Just then Cara sees where her curious self can gain more information about Alexander Black.

"You really do know him don't you?" Cara follows him into the sitting room.

"Of course, I have been working here since he was a child."

Cara decides to hit the nail on the head since Jonathan is a man with lots of work to do. Cara walks in front of him to halt his movement.

"Need anything, Madam Cara?"

"How was he like when he was with Liza?"

"That information is something I won't be able to provide," Jonathan says as he shifts to the left to make way for him to leave but Cara blocks him.