TWENTY SIX

It's been a month, little arguments here and there, none that will motivate Cara to run Alexander over with a car, so one can say they are doing great.

Xander sees his therapist twice a week and he has been for three weeks now. Six sessions with her and Xander still think she is useless and a waste of money but he shows up to every meeting, spends an hour with her, and talks about his feelings because it means a lot to Cara.

As for Cara, it's really dawning on her that she is going to a mother and it's really scary and exciting at the same time. She questions if she is going to be a great mother and since she's having twins, the doubt doubles as well. Whenever she in doubt Xander is always there to assure her, which makes her feel one hundred percent lucky to be doing this with him, it's less overwhelming.

Xander opens the door of his room slowly trying not to wake Cara who he imagines must be sleeping. She usually is when he comes back this late from work.

He walks into the room and there she is, coming out of the bathroom, "Hey," He says dropping his briefcase on the couch before walking up to her.

"Hey," She greets him with a smile as she throws her hand over his shoulders.

"Couldn't sleep?" He whispers his hands on her face.

This is the best part of his day, coming home to her. It's nice having someone to come home to.

"Not really, I was waiting for you."

He bends his head a little before capturing her lips with his. "How are those two doing in there?" He asks when they both withdraw from the kiss.

"Making me pee a lot and eat a lot," She says taking in his scent as she brushes her hands through his suit, "How was your day?" Cara asks as she takes a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Don't let me bore you with the details," Xander says as he takes off his suit.

"Okay fine, how was your therapy with Lilian?"

"Okay," He says vaguely, still taking off his clothes.

"I feel like if you are going to be spending so much money per session with her, you owe it to yourself for it to be more than okay," Cara says tucking the strands of her curly hair behind her ear.

Xander knows that she is right and he's making effort, "If it's anything, I find our sessions tolerable." He admits.

"See, that's an improvement." Cara cheers excitedly.

"How was your day?"

"Great, Cassie and I have finished the interior decoration of our house and it's amazing," Cara says.

She is quick to notice the suddenly forced smile from Xander, "Great," He says under his breath.

"What?" Cara raises her eyebrows at him.

"Nothing," He waves it off.

Cara knows it's about her new house and if she's moving once the house is done. When that bridge comes, they'll cross it.

Cara stares at Xander's abs as he takes off his pants, leaving him on his boxers, "You are so hot and here I am fat..." She gestures to her body.

Xander interrupts her by pulling her in for a kiss, "I think you are the hottest." He winks making Cara blush so hard.

A couple of noises comes from the other room, which makes Cara groan and Xander rolls his eyes.

"Do you think it's the same girl?" Cara asks.