THIRTY-FIVE

"How dare he?" Cara scoffs as she paces around the sitting room ranting about Xander. Cassie remains mute, not knowing what to say. 

She had earlier told Cara to let it all out and now she is regretting it. Cara is indeed going on and on about how much of a jerk Xander is and Cassie is just seated nodding repeatedly.

"He walked out on me like he's the victim, I should be the one walking out on him," Cara says while Cassie nods.  

Cara's eyes widen like an evil mastermind who had just connected the dots. "He's trying to manipulate me with that stunt he pulled, but it's not going work. I am Cara Green and that shit doesn't work with me."  Cara states and as always, Cassie nods. She continues ranting and Cassie continues nodding. 

"You need to have seen the way he looked at me when I mentioned Mark, the nerve of that man." Cara continues, "The person who he should be mad at for sleeping with his best friend is getting the attention she craves from him."

Cassie nods even though it's a revelation that Liza cheated on Xander which is why they broke up.

"It's like I always been in a competition with her from day one." Cara voice breaks.

Cassie sits upright noticing the change in her friend's voice, "Are you crying?"

"No, why would I cry?" Cara says with a low laugh as she blinks her tears away. "My leg hurts, that all," Cara says as she slowly takes her seat. She stretches her swollen feet on the couch.

Cassie nods not believing that Cara is teary-eyed because of her feet.

"I can take  a lot of things, you know that right?"

Cassie nods.

"I can take the comments under my tweets or Instagram post that says I am a gold digger or that I am ugly and I don't deserve being with Alexander. I can take Liza shady tweets, I don't even complain to him." Cara says as tears drop down her eyes. She is quick to clean it. "But what I can't take is if he still has feelings for her, I can't fucking take that."   

Cassie doesn't nod this time, she stands up and walks to sit on the arm of the couch, just beside Cara. She strokes her curly hair.

"I am so in love with him that it scares me and I can feel it breaking me." Cara chokes out.

"He loves you too. You need to see the way he looks at you girl," Cassie assured her.

The room falls silent.

"I just want to get out of here," Cara mutters as she cleans her tears.

"We can leave our house tomorrow morning. You should get some rest, all this is not good for you." Cassie mutters.

Cara nods.

~~~~~

Mrs. Colton, the house cook watches Cara and Cassie walk upstairs. She heard all the drama that has been happening right from Cara and  Xander's fight to Cara's ranting.

She smiles as dials the number that Liza has given her earlier this week when they met at the supermarket.

Liza offered her some money for information on whatever is going on in the mansion and Mrs.Colton was happy to accept it. She had voiced her wishes for Liza to come back to living in the mansion.

She also voiced her dislike for Cara who often gives her a day off because she wants to do the cooking. She fears that one day, they won't find any need for her if Cara keeps on doing her work.

She likes Liza who minds her business, all she does is decide what should be cooked that day.

After waiting for some seconds Liza picks up the call.