THIRTY FOUR

"What are you doing here?" Liza walks towards her bed after opening the door for Mark to come in.

"I saw the pictures of you in the hospital this morning. What's going on?" Mark walks in and shuts the door behind him. "Are you hurt?"  

Liza smiles at him, "I am fine. I am more than fine."

She has been all smiles this morning. The press is doing her work for her. There are various speculations that she and Alex are back together. She is not doing anything to refute the speculations.

She intends on stepping out looking hot as ever, and telling the paparazzi outside her house these following words she has prepped herself to say, which is "No comment."

It will drive them crazy.

Mark's expression changes from worry to annoyance. He should have known this one of her ploys. "What did you do?" Mark says with a frown.

Liza rolls her eyes as she falls on her bed. "Oh Mark, you need to learn to chill."

"You need to stop."

"As my manager, you should harness this publicity and promote my clothing brand. Do I need to teach you your job?" Liza says looking at the ceiling.

"I quit." Those words are bitter in Mark's mouth. He never thought of a day he would say that.

Liza laughs as she sits up, "Stop playing around."

"I mean it," Mark says standing his ground.

"Okay then," Liza frowns, he just ruined her mood. "Leave," She points at the door.

Mark wants to take those words back but he can't keep doing this. He is hurting himself watching her do these crazy things to get Alex back.

To Liza's surprise, Mark starts walking away. Her heart beats fast waiting for him to stop and come back as he always does but he opens the door and walks out.

"What an ungrateful asshole!" She yells, throwing pillows at the door.

~~|~~

"These people are insane," Xavier comments with a mouth full of pancakes. His head as been on his phone all morning.

Cara looks at him then back at her breakfast. She had turned off her phone yesterday night before she went to bed. She doesn't have the strength of the internet today.

Xavier glances at Cara who doesn't respond to his statement. "Hey, I might look like him but I not the one you are mad at."

Cara puts her hand on her chest feigning an apologetic look, "Oh, I almost forgot."

"Just talk to him," Xavier starts, "He says that..."

"Honestly, I don't want to hear it," Cara says playing with her food.

Xander walks into the dining room. He stands at the edge of the table with the hope that this morning she will talk to him.

Catching the tension in the air, Xavier attempts to stand up and leave so the pair can talk things out but Cara puts her hand on his, "No, I will be the one to leave."

Cara stands up and walks past Xavier.

"Come on, Cara," Xander says as she approaches his direction. She doesn't look at him as she walks past him. "Her dad was sick, she had no one else to call!" Xander yells.

"She doesn't want to talk to you bro," Xavier says.

Xander places his briefcase on the table, "What did she say to you?"