Chapter 5: That Should Be Me

A/N: Hey everyone! I REALLYYYYYY need a better cover for this story! The one is a temporary crappy one I made myself. I don't have a program to make a legit one with. Whoever can make me one, I would mention people to fan you on my bbio, give shoutouts on instagram and twitter, and do a few promos on tumblr. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU. Also, plese comment with your suggestions! It means a lot and makes me really happy (: I have recently started posting my newest fan fiction called Sparks Fly. It needs a cover also. Along with some feedback and comments (; x Please check it out!

SARAH'S POV

Maybe they were right? I was wondering why Niall was acting like this. He seemed so angry but it just doesn't make sense. He told me he didn't want a relationship! I don't think he would lie to me..

"Sarah... you need to go talk to him." said Louis.

"I-I don't understand...why is he acting this way?" I asked him.

Everyone in the room started looking around at each other. They all seemed to know something that I didn't.

"Just go talk to him.... " Louis said again.

"Okay.. but first off, I think I should introduce you guys to Elliott." I said. "Elliot, this here is Liam, that's Liam's girlfriend Danielle, that's Louis, this is Louis's girlfriend Eleanor, that's Harry, and over there is Zayn. And you already know Kendall and Haley. I'm sure you've figured out that the one who just left is Niall... But I'm going to go talk to him so be right back!" I said as I left the room letting go of Elliott's hand.

"Niall? Are you in here?" I said as I went into the other room. There was no answer.

I went ouside onto the balcony to find him there facing the river.

"Niall, we need to talk..." I said softly as I sat down in a chair beside him.

"Why did you leave when you found out Elliott and I were back together?"

"Is it not obvious..? I thought it was.." he answered. He seemed to have tears in his eyes.

"No, because I clearly have no clue.."

"Sarah, I really like you. There I said it. But this always happens to me. No one ever likes me and I'm always the one without a girlfriend. Everyone loves Harry and they love the others too, but sometimes, people don't even know me as Niall. I'm always called "the blonde one" or the "irish one" and it isn't fair. I was almost positive you liked me too but I guess you were just leading me on. I didn't think you would ever do that but I must have been wrong. Now I look stupid for thinking that maybe before the concert, we'd be dating and I'd have you...."

NIALL'S POV

Oh my gosh. I just said it. Something that I had been holding back since the first day I met her. It was all there out in the open. Part of me was glad to let it out... but did I just ruin our friendship?

"Niall...I.... I had no idea...." she said to me.

"Of course you didn't. You were to caught up in making sure you would get back together with Elliott!" I regreted those words as soon as they came out of my mouth. I knew that was too far and she was hurt.

"Stop feeling so sorry for yourself and realize that I liked you too! I was going to tell you that before you decided to say you didn't want a damn relationship!"

She had a point there. Damn why was she always right? I really screwed this up.. it actually isn't all her fault. Stupid Niall. Ugh. I was afraid to ask her.. but I knew I had to.

"What made you want to get back together with Elliott then...? What does he have that I don't..?" I asked. A knot formed in my stomach while I waited for her to answer me.