Chapter 22: A Scary Thought

SARAH'S POV

"Sarah? Are you feeling any better this morning?" my tired eyes opened to reveal my mom standing in my doorway in her pijamas. I groaned before looking over at the clock which read 6:24am. Yesterday, which was Monday, I had missed school because I was feeling very ill. I know, I missed the whole first week of school and then came back for a week and was already out again. Yesterday was also a week after I had found out about Kendall and Elliott's relationship and dropped the bomb to Harry about it.

"Not really. I'll try to go tomorrow." I answered her. Yesterday, I threw up a few times and was constantly feeling dizzy. I was also hungry and had notcied quite the appetite change but because of my nausea, I wasn't able to eat the food I was craving. Which sucked.

"Alright, sweetie. Try to go back to sleep and get some rest. Oh! And I have a surprise for you!" she winked before walking out of my bedroom door.

"Wait what is it? Come back! You can't just say that and leave! What the heck, mom!"

"You'll find out later!" she yelled back to me from another room in the house.

"Ugh!" I groaned and threw myself backwards from my sitting position in my bed for my head to hit the pillow dramatically. That was my intentions at least. Except my head accidently hit the head board and with a loud 'thud!' My mom came running back into the room where I was laying down rubbing the back of my head.

"What happened?!" she asked worridly.

"I hit my head on my headboard. Not the best thing to happen when you already have a major headache." I answered. "Now that you're in here, you should tell me the surprise though." I winked cheekily and hoped she would tell me.

"Nope! You'll find out tonight." she said.

"But I don't wanna wait until tonighttttttt!" I whined. Sometimes my mom gives in when I whine but this didn't look like it was going to be one of those times.

"Sorry. I was told to keep it a secret. I promised." she smiled before walking out of my room again. I looked at my clock again. It was now 6:32. Ugh, I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep so I turned on to a music channel while I opened up my laptop. My desktop picture was a picture of Niall and I walking down the streets in London. It was the back of us, but our fingers were intertwined and it was my favorite picture ever. I found it one day when I was curious and googled myself. All of these pictures that I had no idea were even taken popped up. It's funny how I had no idea there was paparazzi around in some of these pictures when they were actually in fact everywhere. I always thought it was an exaggeration when people said 'paparazzi was everywhere.' Well, they sure weren't kidding.

"I've tried playing it cool, but when I'm looking at you...

 I can't ever be brave, cause you make my heart race."

I looked up from my laptop screen at the TV where the familiar tune of One Thing was playing. I watched the music video and my heart felt it was twisted in a knot because I missed the boys so much. I was practically counting down the days until I got to see them again.

My heart skip, skip, skip, skip, skip, skipped a beat, (Olly Murs reference;) , When Niall's part came on. I watched intently and smiled at my boyfriend on screen as I watched him play the guitar and dance around like the little special snowflake he is.

"Now I'm climbing the walls...

 But you don't notice at all...

 That I'm going out of my mind all day and all night."

I continued smiling subcinsciously as I watched my best friends throughout the rest of the video. I laughed at Louis' priceless face as he did the inbetweener's dance. The video continued and the next song was 'Teenage Dream' by Katy Perry. My eyes drifted back to the laptop as I quietly sang along to the song.