e l e v e n

"Baby, you almost done? Jensen asked as he rolled out his suitcase from the bedroom.

"Yeah, I think so," Kasey said as she took one more look around their room to make sure they weren't leaving anything. This time they were traveling for a meet and greet instead of a convention, so they would only be gone a day or two.

"Okay. Let's get going." He said as he grabbed the key and locked the door back behind them. Jensen look her luggage from her and loaded their things into the back of his truck.

Jensen turned on his favorite playlist and started singing as he pulled out of the drive. In the couple of months that Kasey had been living with him, she had practically learned all the songs he listened to. She quietly sang along as she listened to the relaxing sound of his voice.

"Hey, you didn't sleep well last night. Why don't you lay back and get some rest on the way?" Jensen suggested.

Kasey knew that he was right, and she didn't argue. Instead, she leaned the seat back and rested her head on the cold window. That was the last thing she remembered before the crash.

.......................................................

Kasey's head ached as she slowly opened her eyes. She couldn't hear anything besides the loud ringing in her ears. As she slowly came around, she realized that her legs were trapped between the dash and the seat and that the truck was now upside down. Her mind immediately shot to Jensen, and she looked over to see that he was still unconscious.

"J," She tried in almost a whisper. "Jensen, please wake up!" She panicked. She tried to undo her seatbelt, but she was still stuck in her fixed position. As felt around for her phone with no success. Her head pierced with pain again, and suddenly everything was black.

................................................

Kasey could only hear the beeping of machines when she woke up the next time. Her head pounded as she fluttered her eyes open. A nurse stood next to her bed and watched the monitor as she wrote into a chart. Kasey moaned as the pain started to set in again.

"Good to have you with us." The nurse said as she smiled down at her. "It was touch and go there for a little while."

"Where is my boyfriend?" Kasey asked, looking around for Jensen.

"He's in the next room. He sustained a bump to the head but otherwise had minor injuries. You on the other hand had internal bleeding, and a couple of broken ribs," She said as she finished writing. "The paramedics were shocked that your legs didn't sustain any injuries."

"When can I go see him?" Kasey asked as she pushed her palms against the bed and tried to raise up.

"I'm afraid you aren't going anywhere." The nurse replied as she gently pushed Kasey's shoulders back against the bed. "He can come to see you once he is awake," She replied. "You need to rest. I have given you some medication for the pain, and that should also help you rest. I will be back in a little while to check on you." She said before going out of the room and shutting the door. Slowly, the pain subsided and Kasey's eyes felt heavy again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of distant voices woke her up several hours later.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Ackles. I can't let you go in there," A man said from behind the closed door.

"And why the hell not?" Jensen asked. Kasey could hear the frustration in his voice.

"Her next of kin haven't arrived yet, and you are not one of the contacts on her chart," He continued to explain. "It's hospital policy,"

"Take that policy and shove it up your ass," Jensen said before opening the door.

Kasey tried again to raise from the bed and Jensen flew through the door. "Thank God," He said as he saw that she was awake. "You need to lay back, honey," He helped her back against the pillow and pushed a chair to the side of her bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been hit by a truck," She tried to tease. "You?"

"Don't worry about me," He said as he engulfed her hand in his. "I barely got a scratch,"

"Jensen!" Kasey said with wide eyes. "The meet and greet! You need to go before you are late," She said, trying to make him stand up.

"You are crazy if you think I'm leaving you here alone," Jensen said, not budging from his place in his chair.

"The fans-" She tried.

"Will be just fine without me there," He cut her off and finished her sentence.

She let out a huff in defeat, feeling bad that the fans were going to be let down. "Did they call my mom?" She asked, going back to the previous conversation she heard from outside the door.

"Yes. She should be here any minute," He said, looking at his watch.

"This isn't the way I wanted you to meet my mother," Kasey joked.

"Me either," He chuckled. He stared at her for a few long seconds before he spoke up again.

"I love you," He said as he pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. 

"I love you too," She said as she leaned up just enough to plant a kiss on his lips. Before she pulled away, the door swung open again.

"You are gone away from home for just a few months, and look what happens to you," A female voice said as they heard footsteps come through the door.

"Hi, momma," Kasey said with a smile and she rested her head back against the pillow.