Chapter 55 : Me Time

"Hey, Mom. How are you feeling?" You asked into the phone as you finished changing Ryker's diaper.

"I'm doing fine, sweetie. How are Jensen and the kids?" She asked.

"Jensen's doing good, just tired again all the time from filming. The kids are great, Evie is starting to talk more and we have been working on walking." You smiled over to your daughter.

"That's great. And what about you?" She asked.

"Me? Im okay." You lied.

"Don't lie to your mother." She chucked.

"I'm just tired. Between the kids and being a wife, I just don't get many chances to catch my breath." You said as you placed  Ryker back in his crib.

"Honey, you have to take some time to yourself, start writing again." She said with seriousness in her tone.

"I just can't, Mom. I don't have time right now." You admitted.

"Well you need to find time, get a babysitter or something." She said.

"Yea, right. Ryker is barely 2 months old." You protested.

"Well, what about a nanny? She could stay at your house and take care of the kids." She asked.

"No." You sighed.

"Kasey-" She tried.

"Mom, thank you, but I'm okay. I love taking care of them and I  couldn't watch anyone else do it." You admitted.

"Fine, but at least take a nice bath sometime." She joked.

"Yes, Mother." You replied with a smirk.

"Well, your father is calling for me. I love you, sweetheart." She said.

"Love you too, Mom." You said before hanging up the phone.

You realized she was right, you needed some time to chill. You brought Evie's jumper swing into the living room and brought Ryker his rocker. You then turned on their cartoons and hoped they would be satisfied for at least 5 minutes. 

You grabbed your computer and realized how long it had been since you even picked it up. You had missed writing. You opened up the story you had been working on and it instantly hit you again. The trill of your imagination running wild, and the story unfolding in front of you. You loved it.

You were able to write for a whole hour before Ryker woke back up and was fussy. You closed your computer with a smile, feeling happy. You picked Ryker up and fixed him a bottle.

Jensen came through the door a few minutes later and smiled.

"I love coming home to this." He laughed as he laid his things on the counter.

"Crying babies and puppy cartoons?" You joked.

"My beautiful wife and kids." He said as he placed a kiss on your forehead as you blushed.