Chapter 31 : No More Waiting

It was 10 o clock at night. You sat alone at home, catching up on some Netflix shows. Jensen was still working late and wasn't expected to be in until 1 or 2 in the morning. You finished your second bowl of ice cream before turning off the TV and heading to the kitchen. You placed your bowl in the sink before heading upstairs to bed. Usually, you could wait up until Jensen got home, but being 9 months pregnant was really exhausting. You hobbled your way halfway up the stairs before you felt a rush of liquid flow down your leg. 

"Oh my gosh." You stopped dead in your tracks. "Is this really happening?" You tried to process. 

You continued upstairs and cleaned up before grabbing your hospital bag. You felt your first small contraction as you gathered everything together. You grabbed your phone called Jensen as you made your way back downstairs. 

"Hey, babe. I'm sorry it's late. We are still shooting." Jensen said as he answered the phone. 

"Hey, honey. I'm gonna need you to take off the rest of the night." You said, walking out the door with your arms full with all the bags. 

"Why? Is everything okay?" He asked worriedly. 

"My water broke 10 minutes ago." You said, throwing the bags into the back seat. 

"What?" He said excitedly.

"We are having a baby." You said, slowly getting into your car. 

"I will home to get you in a few minutes." He said excitedly. 

"Meet me at the hospital, I'm driving myself." You said. 

"What about all the bags?" He asked. 

"Already loaded." You replied. 

"Honey, don't strain yourself." He nagged. 

"We are good. Meet me at the hospital." You said again. 

"Alright, baby. I will see you soon." He assured you. 

"I love you, Jensen." 

"I love you more." He replied before hanging up the phone. 

You pulled out of the drive and called your mom and best friend on the way to the hospital. You knew they both would want to come to the hospital. 

It wasn't long before you were pulling into the hospital parking lot. You parked the car and unloaded the bags from the back seat. Before you could start carrying them inside, Jensen found you and took them from you. 

"I can carry something." You tried. 

"You are carrying something." He replied as you both walked to the entrance. "You're carrying our baby." He smiled. 

"Not for much longer." You said excitedly. 

You both walked in, got admitted, and were quickly taken to a room. 

Serval nurses helped you change into a gown and hooked you up to all kinds of monitors.

Three hours passed and your contractions were more painful and closer together. You closed your eyes and winced through the pain. Jensen sat beside you, holding your hand through each one. 

"Just let me know what I can do to help you." He said, assuring you that he was willing to do whatever it took. 

You just smiled and nodded your head. Suddenly, your room door opened, and your mom and best friend walked in. 

"Aw, honey." Your mom said, already about to cry. 

"Hi, momma." You said as she leaned down to give you a hug.