Chapter 15: Late Nights

It was two weeks after the accident, and both Jensen and Kasey were just now getting back to normal. Jensen took off work to help take care of her, not wanting to leave her alone.

Kasey's mom insisted that she stay at Jensen's house to help Kasey feel better also. It wasn't as big of a train wreck as it sounded, they all got along well. After two weeks, she was finally ready to go back home. 

"It was a pleasure having you, Mrs. Katie," Jensen said as he took the suitcase from her hands and carried it outside. 

"Just Katie, dear," She said with a smile. "I love you, Kasey," She said as she turned back around and gave her daughter a wave. 

"Bye, momma," Kasey replied from her place on the couch. She was settled there, working on editing projects and trying to stay busy. "We will come down and see you soon," 

"You better," Katie replied as she walked out the door. Jensen helped her settle into her car before waving her goodbye. 

"Are you hungry, babe?" Jensen asked as he entered the house again. 

"I'm always hungry," Kasey joked, turning to see him over the back of the couch. 

"Pancakes?" He asked. 

"Oooh, pancakes sound delicious." She replied excitedly. She slowly raised from the couch and joined him in the kitchen. 

"I can handle it," Jensen said, holding her shoulders to help balance her. 

"Stop treating me like I'm fragile or something," She smiled, taking a seat at the bar so she could watch. "I feel back to normal," 

He didn't reply, but instead just gave her a look. He turned on music for Alexa and danced dramatically around the kitchen. Kasey laughed as she watched him make himself look like a fool. He held up the spatula like a microphone in between flipping the pancakes on the stove. 

"You want chocolate chips in yours?" He asked, eating a handful before scattering them in the batter. 

"Who can eat pancakes without chocolate chips?"  whispered as you poured the mix into the pan. 

Once you were finished pouring them, he took your hands and pulled you in. 

"Dance with me." He said before raising his hand to spin you around. 

"I gotta warn you, I have two left feet." You said honestly. 

"Doesn't matter." He replied, bringing you in again. 

You hugged tight against his chest, enjoying the moment, and silently wishing it would never end. You both swayed slowly around the kitchen. No one said anything, and nothing needed to be said. It was perfect. 

You began smelling something strange. 

"Our pancakes!" You said, pulling out of his arms. "I burnt them." 

"I'm sure you won't even be able to taste it if you put some butter and syrup on 'em." He said, trying to make you feel better. 

You took a bite out of one and instantly spit it out. 

"Absolutely not, I'm making some new ones." You protested as you began to make more batter.

Jensen sat and watched as you mixed and swayed to the music still. 

"Kasey," He finally said. 

"Hmm?" You hummed, turning to face him again. 

"Marry me." He said suddenly.

"What?" You asked, making sure you heard him right.

"Marry me." He repeated. 

"Jensen," You paused. Was this actually happening? "Really?" 

"Yes, really. I want to marry you." He smiled. 

"You do?" Refusing to believe him. 

"Of course I do." He stated. 

"Yes." You said quickly. "Yes, absolutely, I'll marry you." You said as your vision blurred with tears of joy. 

He raised from his seat and took the bowl from your hands before placing it on the counter. He engulfed you in a tight hug. 

"I love you," You said as a couple of tears escaped your eyes. 

He pulled away from the hug and took the sides of your face into his palms. He wiped your tears with his thumbs before placing a kiss on your forehead. 

"I love you more. More than you will ever know."