Chapter 26: Second

You had been ready for hours. You patiently waited for 2 o'clock to roll around. It was the day of the baby shower and you couldn't be more excited to find out the gender of your baby. 

"Why don't you sit down, mama?" Jensen suggested, taking your hand and bringing you both over to the couch. "You've been standing by the door for like an hour." He teased. 

"I'm ready to go." You chuckled, cuddling up to Jensen on the couch. 

"I already told you it's a boy." He joked, placing his hand on your stomach. 

You rolled your eyes. "Would you be disappointed if it were a girl?" You asked nervously, not knowing if you wanted to know the answer. 

"Baby, absolutely not. I just want you and the baby to be healthy." He softened. 

You felt a weird sensation for the first time. Jensen's eyes darted to yours, letting you know that he felt it too. 

"He's kicking." Jensen smiled as he placed both hands down to feel it better. 

It was the weirdest but most heartwarming thing you had ever felt. Your baby was kicking for the first time. You both just sat there and took in the moment for a while. 

"I think it's time to go." Jensen finally said, looking at his watch. 

You practically jumped up and headed to Jensen's truck. 

It wasn't long before you arrived at Gen's house. She, Terin, and your mom hosted the baby shower together. You couldn't stop smiling as you looked at the amazing decorations they had out together. You hopped out of the truck and were immediately met with all your closest friends and family. 

"Well, Hi there," Terin said, wrapping you in a hug before leaning down to kiss your stomach. " I am auntie T, nice to meet you." She joked before moving aside for others to come up and see you. 

After several hugs and belly kisses, you all headed inside. Beautiful decorations and treats lined the area. 

"You guys outdid yourself." You said looking around. 

"Anything for our girl." She replied with a big smile. "Are you hungry?" She asked, pulling something out of the oven.

"Starving." You replied. 

"Well, let's eat then." She announced before everyone started filing into the kitchen. 

You all sat around their huge table and enjoyed each other's company. You missed your friends and family and we're so glad they got to come and celebrate with you. 

Once everyone was done, you all enjoyed cake and other treats that had baby bottles and diapers on them. Then finally it was time for the big reveal. Your heart pounded out of your chest with anticipation. 

You and Jensen made your way out into the yard, Gen instructing everyone where to stand. 

"Okay, so these canon things just twist at the bottom and then colored confetti shoots out the top." She explained, handing you and Jensen a cylinder. 

"You are gonna send me into labor if this is really loud." You joked. 

"Oh, hush. Now everyone counts down with me!" She yelled. "3.....2........1!" Everyone yelled. 

You and Jensen twisted the bottom and both popped at the same time. 

Pink confetti shot from the top and everyone cheered. Time seemed to slow down as you threw the cylinder down and faced Jensen. The biggest smile you had ever seen displayed across his face. He rushed to you and picked you up in a hug. 

"It's a girl!" He cheered, spinning you around in a circle. 

"Are you happy?" You asked, only loud enough for him to hear. 

"Baby, this is the second happiest time of my life." He replied, setting you back down. 

"Second?" You asked confused. 

"First marrying my girl, of course." He added before bringing you in for a kiss. 

Everyone cheered and clapped, excited for you both. 

"Time for presents!" Gen yelled!