Chapter 24: Shock

"Pregnant?" Jensen asked, making sure he heard correctly. 

"Yes, congratulations. An ultrasound will help determine how far along you are. I can send in a tech if you wish." He offered. 

"Uhm, yea, yes, please. That would be great." You said, still not processing what he said. 

"They will be in shortly." He concluded, leaving the room. 

You stared into space, wrapping your mind around the fact that there was a tiny human growing inside you. 

"Kasey?" Jensen asked, trying to get your attention. "Are you happy?" He asked, looking concerned at your lack of emotion. 

"I'm pregnant." You said. "I'm actually pregnant?" 

"Yes, baby. We're gonna be parents." Jensen smiled, holding your hands. 

"Oh my gosh." You replied, tears starting to form. "I'm gonna be a mom." You cried tears of pure joy. "And your gonna be a dad."

"I'm gonna be a dad." He repeated. 

"I'm so happy." You finally said, bringing relief to Jensen's face. 

He stood up from his chair, wiped the tears running down your face, and kissed you. You pulled away and cupped his face as you looked into each other's eyes. "Parents." You said with a huge smile. 

It wasn't long after that and the ultrasound tech came in. "You appear to be beginning your fourth or fifth week. Congratulations." She said. "I'm gonna listen for a heartbeat." She said, and the room fell silent. She continued to move the want around your stomach until you all heard the sound. Once again, you began to cry. 

"There it is." She confirmed. "Would you guys like some pictures to take home?" She asked, clicking away at her monitor. 

"Yes, please." You replied, wiping the fallen tears from your face. In a few more clicks, she printed and handed you the pictures. The nurse entered the room again. 

"The doctor said you guys were free to go when you get finished. Just stop by the from desk to sign the discharge papers and set up an appointment with your OB." You said before leaving again. 

It was all surreal. The tech wiped the gel from your stomach and sent you on your way. You signed the papers, made an appointment, and made your way back out to the car. 

Jensen drove with his hand on your stomach, and you stared at your baby all the way home.