2

L I L Y

L I L Y

I stare at the building before me with wide eyes.

I look around to see many students scattered about. Some are standing in groups, chatting and laughing.

I sigh quietly to myself.

I hope I can make some friends.

"Ready dear?" Momma asks.

I almost want to tell her that I can go in by myself, that i'm responsible enough, but I know she won't allow it.

I nod and step out of the car. As soon as I do that, I immediately feel multiple stares from the people around me. I blush and walk over to my mom, who's checking her wrist watch. She tells me we need to hurry before grabbing my arm and tugging me along.

We make our way towards the main office.

I only look up from my shoes once as we walk, and still notice almost everyone watching me.

Most of them are looking at me curiously. Others don't hide their displeasure from seeing me, and that puts a frown on my face.

I notice one group of guys, all staring at me strangely. Just the look in their eyes makes me feel uncomfortable.

I glance down again as my cheeks heat up even more, and continue to follow my mother to the office.

Inside there's a big desk with an older lady sitting in the chair behind it, typing on a computer.

Once she sees us enter she sends us a friendly smile. "Hello, you must be new here?"

I keep my head down and nod shyly.

I'm not the best at talking to new people.

"This is my daughter, Lilianne Rose. She's just starting public school today." My mother explains.

The lady smiles. "Welcome to Lakeview! I hope you enjoy it here." She then begins typing in my information. "This is your schedule and a map of the school. If you need any assistance don't be afraid to ask." She hands me the printed out papers and I thank her quietly.

I take a deep breath and turn to my mom.

"Call me if you need anything. If you get lost, ask a teacher or another student. Only if they look friendly." She instructs sternly.

I nod nervously. "I will momma. I love you."

Her strict expression morphs into a soft smile. "I love you too."

Once she leaves the office, I take a deep breath before looking down at my schedule.

I'm definitely happy with the classes I got. Especially since I have art. It's something I did a lot since I had so much free time at home.