22

(a/n: i just wanna apologize in advance for this chapter being crappy

(a/n: i just wanna apologize in advance for this chapter being crappy. for some reason chapter 22 was deleted so now i have to rewrite the whole thing based off of memory. anyways, enjoy!!)

L I L Y

"Thank you momma, I love you." I say to her as I exit the car. I had my mother drive me to school, cause like I told Mason, I need space.

I was very irritated with him.

Last night after he kept asking to go on a date, I ignored him the whole ride home. He left quite a lot of messages on my phone and even called a few times. The only text I sent was to tell him not to pick me up this morning.

"Have a good day, I love you more."

I close the car door behind me and turn towards the school, taking a deep breath to prepare myself as I begin walking. Just in case I see Mason.

I've decided to ignore him for a bit today as well. Maybe he'll realize he can't get me to go on a date by asking a thousand times, right after admitting to the fact that he was going to keep something as big as him being a fighter from me.

I guess i'm kind of being a hypocrite. I did lie to him about why I was acting all weird Friday. But still, his lie was worse.

As i'm looking around the front of the school to make sure I don't bump into him, I spot his tall figure a couple feet away from the doors with a group of people I don't recognize. Noah's even there too.

A frown automatically appears on my face when I see what he's doing. He's smoking a cigarette.

Papa told me cigarettes kill.

As he blows out a puff of smoke, his eyes land directly on me. At first he looks surprised, but then it turns into guilt.

He immediately stands up while staring at me with obvious regret. I see his mouth move as he speaks.

'Baby.'

Don't give in Lily. Not yet.

I look away, continuing to walk past him and into the school. I hurry to my locker, put the code in and throw it open. Just as I finish swapping out my books, the front doors slam open.

I jump a little at the loud noise and look over to see, of course, Mason. He's scanning the hallway as Noah walks in behind him.

I slam my locker closed, trying to get out of here as quickly as possible, and when I glance back to look at Mason one more time, his eyes snap in my direction. He looks hurt by the fact that i'm avoiding him, but mostly worried.