7

L I L Y

L I L Y

I wake up the next morning, feeling warm and comfortable. More so than usual. I snuggle closer to whatever is radiating the heat, and get more comfortable by wrapping my leg around it.

I hear a chuckle and feel the thing i'm laying on move. I furrow my eyebrows but keep my eyes closed, refusing to fully wake up yet.

The next thing I feel is something rubbing against my cheek softly. I sigh, enjoying how it feels, and start to fall back asleep.

The soft thing moves down to my jawline and starts tracing it. I slowly open my eyes, letting them adjust to the bright light, and look in front of me. My eyes widen when I see what's there. Or rather who.

"Good morning angel." Mason says quietly, his voice deeper than usual.

We both must've fallen asleep during the movie.

But why'd my parents let him stay?

I blush, realizing the position we're in and quickly remove my leg and scoot away a little. He frowns at my actions, closing the gap again and wrapping his arm back around me.

My cheeks might as well stay permanently red.

He leans down and kisses the top of my head before he starts to run his fingers through my hair. "Did you sleep well?"

I slowly nod and close my eyes once again. Whenever someone plays with my hair, it makes me sleepy.

Suddenly the door bursts open and my parents walk in. Momma squeals once she sees us, while papa just smiles at us, looking a little conflicted.

"You guys are too cute!" My mom squeals. "We would've woken you up last night but you both just looked so comfortable."

I cover my already red cheeks with my hands as Mason chuckles.

Papa speaks next. "We just wanted to let you know we're leaving for work. We'll be back later tonight."

"Be good and don't do anything inappropriate!" Momma says sternly. Papa has to drag her out so she doesn't continue talking.

Once they're gone, I immediately go back to cuddling into Mason. "You're comfy." I mumble.

"Oh really?" I can hear the grin in his voice as he uses his hand to rub my arm soothingly. I giggle and start tracing random figures on his stomach.

"What are we gonna do today?" I ask him.

"I have some stuff to do around five, but we can do whatever you want until then." He tells me.

I sit up with excitement. "Can we go get ice cream?!"

He frowns and shakes his head. "You can't have ice cream for breakfast Lil."