39

L I L Y M O N D A Y

L I L Y
M O N D A Y

Today's the day that I return back to school. To say i'm nervous, would be a complete understatement. I'm mentally freaking out.

Of course I was still upset about the fact that I have to go, but I won't tell Mason that. I know that if he truly could, he'd let me stay home with him for as long as possible. But my parents got a call saying that, despite my situation, I had to return, otherwise i'd fail all my classes.

I didn't wanna make Mason upset over something he couldn't control.

I take a couple deep breaths as I stare at my reflection. It's chilly outside again, so Mason let me wear one of his jackets that I love so much. Wearing his hoodie makes me feel a lot more safe. Not to mention his comforting scent that surrounds me all day when I have it on.

LILY'S OUTFIT
[a/n: lets pretend that it's not cropped, okay?😌]

Mason suddenly appears in the bathroom door, while typing something on his phone

Mason suddenly appears in the bathroom door, while typing something on his phone. He looks up and smiles at the sight of me, before walking over and wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. He leans down and kisses the top of my head. "Almost ready?"

I look at him through the mirror and reluctantly nod, attempting to give him a small smile.

He frowns and turns me around to face him. "Don't be nervous, Lils. We talked about this already, remember? I'll be right by your side."

"I know Masey, I remember." I say quietly, fiddling with the collar of his black t-shirt.

"Good, so then there's nothing to be worried about." He leans down and pecks my lips, before grabbing my hand and leading me out of the bathroom.

When we finally make it to school, I feel butterflies in my stomach, the kind you get when you're super nervous. I let out a shaky breath as Mason opens the car door for me. He sends me a look of reassurance and wraps his arm around my shoulders. His touch bringing me more comfort.