38

L I L YT H U R S D A Y

L I L Y
T H U R S D A Y

I give my parents one last hug before exiting the house, with Mason right behind me, carrying my bags.

"Promise i'll get to see them at least every other day?" I ask Mason, as I watch him put my stuff into the trunk of his car.

He closes it, before kissing the top of my head. "You can see them every single day. Whenever you want, just let me know."

I nod and allow him to help me into the car.

When we finally get home, and all of my bags are upstairs in his room, Mason offers to make lunch.
Right now i'm sitting at the table, playing a game on his phone while I wait.

A plate of food is placed in front of me and I grin at the sight of it. "Thank you."

Mason takes a seat right next to me, and leans down to kiss my cheek. "No problem."

In the corner of my eye, I notice his stare, as he scans over my entire body. I can't help but squirm in my seat, feeling nervous. "W-What?"

Mason frowns and shakes his head, whispering, "I just...I never noticed how many bruises you actually had."

I was wearing one of his hoodies yesterday, so he couldn't see any of them. I finally got the chance to change at my 'old' house.

My eyes widen at his confession. "Oh."

Does he think i'm ugly now? Does he still even want to be my boyfriend when I look like this? A hundred questions run through my head and I start to overthink.

"Hey, I know what you're thinking." Mason gently grabs my chin and forces me look up at him. "You're still the most beautiful girl in the world to me, nothing's changed. I love you just as much as I did before, so please don't ever question how much you mean to me."

I slowly nod, his words bringing me relief. I feel a little better as I go back to eating.

"I don't mean to rush you baby, and it's okay if you don't want to..." Mason begins, once i'm finished. "But can we talk about what happened?"

I stop messing with his fingers, a habit that i've had for a while now, and look up at him nervously. I contemplate whether i'm ready to talk about what he did to me. I hate that I even have to think twice about this. It's Mason we're talking about. He's always been so good at making me feel better.

Maybe telling him will get things off my chest.

With that thought in mind, I reluctantly nod again. "Okay."