9

L I L Y

L I L Y

The day went by with me ignoring Mason as much as possible. I wasn't trying to be rude, but I can't forget what I saw him doing and how angry he looked when he snapped at me.

Right now, i'm in Jackson's truck, since he's driving me home. I decided not to ride with Mason because I need some time to think. Think about whether I can trust him.

It probably wasn't the smartest, but Carter was busy so she couldn't bring me.

My house isn't too far away. Only about a 10 minute drive.

I suddenly feel my phone buzz in my pocket. Multiple times.

Mason
where are you?

Mason
if this is about what happened earlier then i'm sorry. just please answer, you're worrying me

Mason
baby im serious

I don't feel like answering him right now, so I won't. I'll just call him when I get home.

Once we reach my house, I thank Jackson with a smile and exit his car.

After about a million texts and missed calls from Mason, I enter my house. Neither of my parents are home right now so I have the house to myself.

I make my way into the kitchen and grab the coffee flavored ice cream from the freezer, my favorite. I then grab a spoon and head into the living room.

I make myself comfortable on the couch before realizing I don't have the remote. I mentally groan and stand up to search around for it.

I finally find it hiding under one of the couch cushions.

Right as I make myself comfortable again, my phone rings. "You're kidding." I mumble to myself, and stand up yet again.

I grab my phone off of the counter and see that Mason is calling. My eyes widen.

I forgot to call him back.

I press the accept button and hold it up to my ear.

"Lily? Where the fuck are you? Why haven't you been answering?"

I wince at how angry he sounds. "Hi Masey." I say softly, praying he won't yell at me.

I can hear the scowl in his voice. "Do you know how worried I was? I was supposed to bring you home, and when you weren't there, I went crazy. Baby, you cant just disappear like that, even when you're angry at me."