13

M A S O N

M A S O N

I'm in the car after dealing with the emergency with Matt and Noah. It was some stupid issue with our security at the warehouse. Fucking idiots apparently couldn't deal with it themselves.

I can't wait to see Lily. She'll calm me down. Just seeing her get all excited about the aquarium earlier-

My eyes widen and my thoughts pause when I realize my mistake. Fuck.

I forgot about Lily.

She had no ride home and I doubt she knows how to get there on her own. I was supposed to take her to the damn aquarium.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I mutter and slam my hand on the steering wheel, making the horn go off.

I do a quick 'U' turn in the middle of the road, causing a few horns to be honked, but at the moment I don't give a shit.

The only thought on my mind is getting to Lily before something bad happens.

I quickly pick up my phone that I haven't checked since I left school earlier, and see that I have ten missed calls, five voicemails, and a few texts asking where I am. All from Lily, of course.

I click the play button and listen to one of her voicemails.

"Masey? It's still really cold and I-I was just wondering when you're gonna be here. A-And if we're still going to the aquarium! I-I'm waiting at the school so just come pick me up when you're ready. I miss you! B-Bye Masey!" I hear her angelic voice say, stuttering because of how cold she must be.

Of course she's cold, it's fucking raining and she's stuck outside, you idiot.

My jaw clenches and I drive way over the speed limit just so I can get there faster.

She'll never forgive me for this.

I speed into the school parking lot, and the turn makes my tires screech, along with when I stop in the middle of the road so I can hurry out of my car.

"Lily?!" I yell, as it continues to pour. "Baby? It's Mason!" My voice cracks slightly as I walk around the front of the school. I run my fingers through my soaked hair. "Fuck!" I yell, punching a nearby wall.

I don't even bother thinking about the pain, I just need to find my baby.

When i'm positive that she's not here, I jog back over to my car and hop in. I speed back out of the parking lot and make my way towards her house, praying that somehow she made it there.

As i'm driving, just in the corner of my eye I spot a small figure laying across a bench that's placed on the sidewalk.

It's her. It's Lily.