30

L I L Y

L I L Y

"Hey, shithead!" I hear a familiar voice call out, as Mason and I are walking towards the school.

I turn around and spot Carter walking up to us with an angry glare thats clearly directed towards Mason.

Oh no.

My eyes widen. "No Carter, don't-" I'm cut off by a loud smack, and I gasp at what she did. "Carter!" I attempt to glare at her, while she shakes off her hand that she just slapped Mason with.

"Damn, that hurt." She winces.

I turn and look up at Mason, to see him staring at Carter in shock. "Are you okay, Masey?" I ask worriedly, gently placing my hand on his cheek to examine it.

He looks down at me and smiles softly. "I'm fine."

"So i'm guessing you've already forgiven him?" Cater asks, and I glance back to see her arms crossed against her chest and her eyebrows raised.

I nod sheepishly.

"Whatever, at least I got to slap him." She shrugs, before pointing her finger at him. "But if you ever lay a hand on my bubbles like that again I will chop your balls off, understood?"

Mason nods and looks back down at me with a teasing grin. "Not that it'll happen, but I give you permission."

My eyes widen when I process what was said. "No but I don't agree-" I start to say, when Carter cuts me off.

She shushes me and places her index finger on my lips. "It's not your choice bubbles."

I giggle and just because I know it'll bother her, I stick my tongue out and lick her finger.

When she realizes what I did, she snatches her hand away and stares at me with a grossed out expression. I laugh even more at the look on her face.

"You're gonna regret that." And then she takes off in my direction.

I squeal and immediately turn around, practically sprinting towards the school doors.

FRIDAY - AFTER SCHOOL

I giggle as Mason gives me a piggyback ride up the steps that lead to his house. He unlocks the front door and steps in, closing it behind him.

"Do you want a snack, baby?"

I nod and tighten my grip on him. "Yes please."

He then continues to walk until he reaches a door, one that must lead to the kitchen. He kicks it open and when I finally see the inside, my eyes widen.

It's ginormous. It's probably the biggest kitchen i've ever been in. But I shouldn't be surprised, since basically everything in this house is bigger than normal.

Mason sets me down on top of a counter and turns to look at me. He places his hands on my thighs and leans in to leave a soft kiss on my lips, not giving me any time to think or speak.

He pulls away after a few seconds and smirks at me. "What would you like?"

A grin appears on my face at what pops in my head. "Ice cream."

He raises an eyebrow, and I can tell by the look on his face that he's about to say no, so I pout and bring my hands up to rest them on his cheeks. "Please!" I beg, squishing his face to make him look funny.

Mason rolls his eyes. "Fine, brat." He struggles to say, as I continue to mess with his face.

I squeal quietly and jump off the counter so I can get to the freezer. I grab the chocolate ice cream that Mason bought for me last time and set it on the counter, before also grabbing a bowl and the ice cream scooper.

"Let me help." I hear Mason say, as he walks up beside me. I snatch the ice cream container away from him before he can do anything with it.

"No thank you. I can do it myself." I say sassily, determined to do exactly that.

He holds his hands up in surrender and steps away.

I go back to what I was doing and open the lid to the container. I try, but struggle, to scoop the ice cream, and after many failed attempts, I hear a chuckle from behind me.

I turn around to see him smiling at me knowingly, and send him a glare. "Stop laughing at me."

Once again I attempt to get the ice cream out, but I have no luck. Stupid thing. I stomp my foot out of frustration and cross my arms over my chest.

A warm pair of arms wrap around my waist. "Would you like some help now, love?" Mason asks quietly, but I already know there's a smirk on his face.

I slowly nod and he leans down to kiss my shoulder before scooping my ice cream with ease.

I watch him closely, and frown when he only gets me two scoops. That's it?

"More Masey, more." I demand, looking back and forth between him and the ice cream in my bowl.

He shakes his head, already closing the container.

I nod, mocking his previous action. "Yes!"

Mason stares down at me with his eyebrows raised. "Come on Lil, you know how hyper you get when you have sugar. Two is good, especially if you wanna sleep tonight, yeah?"

He has a good point. Any type of sugar does make me super energetic, and we learned that the last time we decided to get ice cream.

I couldn't sit still for the rest of the day.

I blow my hair out of my face and nod. "Yeah. This is good." I mumble, avoiding his eyes so he doesn't see my disappointment. Ice cream is too good to only have two scoops.

He cups my face and leaves kisses all over, making me giggle. "Good girl."

I scrunch my nose up at his choice of words. "You say that like i'm a little girl."

Mason chuckles and pinches my cheeks. "You are, aren't you?"

I stick my tongue out at him, and he just raises an eyebrow at this.

"You aren't helping your case here, sweetheart. Or should I say, little girl?" A mischievous smirk appears on his face and he grabs my waist.

He pulls me even closer than before, and it looks as if he's about to lean down and kiss me, but as payback for trying to call me a little girl, I move to the side right before his lips meet mine, and grab my ice cream bowl from the counter instead.

Mason stares at me in shock.

I just smile innocently. "It was melting."