three ; past

CHAPTER THREE: A HEART'S CORRUPTION

IT WAS TRULY almost unbelievable how much he took up her mind. She would zone out doing a chore inside her home because of how much the male invaded her thoughts, successfully haunting her without even trying, which didn't please her mother since she'd have to repeat herself many times. The middle-aged women knew there was something different about her after Prudence returned home so late it was almost dawn, worrying her greatly, but she just couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was. Pru on the other hand couldn't really focus on anything else except seeing him again, and that was precisely why she had done something she had never done before, that's why she snuck out.

Night accompanied her once again as she made it out of her village without no one knowing, determined to find him again, to see him again, to get lost in the feeling she gets with him. It was utterly consuming — that's all she really got from that glorious certainty that he was changing something inside of her, something that began to crave him in ways that left her wanting more. Usually when she'd meet up with him it was during the day when she was sent out to gather buckets of water for her family, and brief kisses were exchanged, touch was certainly received, but it wasn't enough. Those meetings that usually only lasted roughly ten minutes weren't enough for either of them.

The blonde was draped in her usual cloak that showed off the vibrancy of its red color, but she had on a thin, lavender gown that her mother made reluctantly after she came home with her ruined blue one. Luckily the women bought the lie that slipped out of her mouth, assuming that her beloved daughter would never be untruthful due to her history of being wholeheartedly honest, but the girl was finally finding her rebellious side. Prudence would blush unknowingly though every time she thought about the piece of clothing, remembering how exactly it had gotten torn and what pleasurable things followed afterwards. Void really knew how to make things memorable.

After making her way through the numerous trees that seemed as if they reached the sky, she finally caught sight of the place she knew he would be, the path practically imprinted into her mind. Her consuming interest for this creature twisted her morals, which was probably why she wasn't thinking about any consequences at all when she got closer to the small homestead that blended in so easily with its surroundings, blue eyes alight with excitement. The cabin was made entirely out of wood, except for the chimney that poked out of the roof and the two glass windows in the front that were covered by some sort of cloth, but the sturdy planks she carefully stepped on that made up the steps of the porch were clearly wooden.

Hesitantly she knocked on the door after she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear out of nervousness, not even knowing for sure if he was here or out wandering about, doing whatever he does. She knew that whatever he did in his own time probably wasn't anything good, but still desire consumed her, the kind that would make anyone forgot their righteousness if needed. Anyone else would simply classify it as infatuation, something that will soon get old and not as exciting as time would go on, but Pru had experienced that before, she's experienced the fleetingness that comes with a crush and Void was definitely not just another crush. He was more.