thirteen ; present

CHAPTER THIRTEEN ; BLOOD SHED

FAST WAS THE ONLY word to really describe how all of it went down. There were expectations on both sides of course, but in the end they were both questioning who had lost and who won, who had succeeded and who had failed. There was a conclusion no doubt, just one that neither of them expected or frankly could have predicted. Maybe it was just a...tie.

It all started when Scott McCall and his pack showed up to an open field after receiving a little message—a message that was clearly meant for him when he arrived at the scene of a crime, seeing coordinates written out on the wall next to a body, the innocent's blood used as the ink. Sheriff Stilinski, knowing of the supernatural and the current situation they all were in, managed to cover that part up from the public and trusted the werewolf when he said that they had a plan to save his son. These group of brave kids managed to get his son back before when the trickster possessed him, and he hoped they could do it again.

At first, when all of them arrived and lined up next to each other, looking for the enemies, the only scent the werewolves and the werecoyote could pick up was the aroma of the growing flowers around them. It was dark, the sun had set about an hour ago, and a waxing moon hung high in the sky to provide luminosity. They could see well enough though, and everyone of them was on the look out, waiting on the familiar figures to step out of the shadows.

Then the two who had stirred up this much trouble appeared, walking out of the forest that surround the area with their hands interlaced. They looked calm, nonchalant, as if they weren't outnumbered immensely and had an extreme disadvantage. This caught Scott's attention, but he dismissed it, thinking that his trick up his sleeve would outrank anything they tried to pull. He was prepared.

Beside the alpha, Liam and Malia simultaneously let out menacing growls at the sight of their enemies, ready to not only fight, but to save their packmate from the being taking control of his body. Kira gripped her sword in her hand tightly, though she didn't think she would need it, because all of them assumed that this fight wouldn't even last long or be that difficult. In the end they planned to injure them both enough or at least put them in a position where they were weak enough that they wouldn't be dangerous. Even if killing was apart of Scott's motto, more than anything he wanted the information on how to make Lydia wake up and how to put him back where he belonged, and they certainly both needed to be alive for that to happen.

They stopped walking soon after, a safe enough distance between them and the pack, but Prudence refused to look at Scott. She found it easier to let her eyes roam the rest of them, knowing that it was better not to be distracted right now, especially when the alpha likes to tamper with the nearly blown out flame that was her empathy. Even the fox beside her noticed the way the werewolf was gazing at her, searching for something that Void himself had never searched for before in her, but either way he didn't like it, and he tightened his grip on her possessively.