eighteen ; present

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: THE BIG, NOT-SO-BAD WOLF

LYDIA MARTIN AWOKE NOT even a half an hour later after Scott and Prudence slipped into her room and gave her the antidote, consulting with Melissa of course to properly administer the substance into her body. Her eyelids fluttered open slowly at first, vision hazy, and the dryness of her throat was almost unbearable to her. Gradually though her green eyes focused; first on her relieved friend, and then on the blonde that was the reason for her unconscious state in the first place.

Startled and shocked by Pru's appearance by her bedside, the strawberry blonde opened her mouth to warn Scott that she was the one who did this to her, but all that was accomplished was a fit of coughing. The alpha instantly grabbed the glass of water on the end table next to her and guided it to her chapped lips, which led to the recently awoken girl gulping the entire glass greedily and breathing in deeply after she was done. She didn't know how long she had been out or what the hell Prudence had injected her with, but she was intent on not letting it happen again.

"Scott... she's with—"

"The nogitsune, I know. It took us a couple of months to figure it out, but we got there. And she's no longer with him, she came to help. She's the reason you're awake right now." Scott interrupted the breathless and the quite frankly a little frantic redhead, her eyebrows furrowing as she processed the information.

The golden-haired girl hesitantly took a step forward, not wanting to freak the hospitalized banshee out further. "I'm sorry, if that means anything to you. I wasn't exactly in the right state of mind. I'd give you a card or something, but I don't think they have one for this type of situation."

"Yeah, well, I don't think an apology is going to make up for being unconscious for practically the entire summer," She replied hostilely before turning her attention back to Scott, wondering what on earth he was thinking, "You really trust her?"

Pru examined the way Lydia looked expectedly at the werewolf, his answer obviously affecting how she looked at this entire predicament and if she should believe that things had changed during these past few months she had been out of the loop. Though of course it did, because Lydia trusted Scott and more importantly trusted his judgement; even with his constant behavior of seeing the good in people, the true alpha was smart enough to know if someone deserved a second chance. The blonde hoped she had proved herself to him enough to let him see she was no longer the enemy.

Scott absentmindedly glanced towards the person who quickly became the subject of the banshee's inquisition, watching the way her blue eyes warily settled on him as well, curious about what he was about to say next. He thought for a minute, even though he already had his mind made up, recalling their previous interactions. She was never that stereotypical villain that called the shots and clearly enjoyed all the pain that took place because of her wrongdoing—although Prudence sure did sell the act very well that she was. For some reason, Scott was able to see past that and pay attention to the signs that there was a part of her that cared. There was a part that was good, and almost instantly the compassionate boy made it one of his missions to pull it up to the surface. And finally, he smiled a little, knowing he'd accomplished just that.