six ; present

CHAPTER SIX: REKINDLED

"IT'S BEEN HUNDREDS of years and you still can't be creative enough to come up with another nickname." Prudence scoffed, rolling her eyes as she took a seat in one of the chairs in the room.

He sat up slightly, his elbows supporting him, one of his signature smirks threatening to break out. "You like that nickname, especially when you're underneath me and I'm whispering it into your ear while I—"

"Okay! Now's not the time to discuss that," She interrupted hastily, blood rushing to her cheeks, tinting them with noticeable color.

The girl couldn't remember the last time she blushed so easily like that, and the fact that he was the cause made her swallow hard, attempting to shake the sudden desires that popped into her head away. Void, on the other hand, didn't bother to hide anything to show he wasn't affected by her presence. It had been so long and she hadn't changed a bit, still stubborn and uncontrollably influenced by him even if she didn't realize it. He even let his tongue peek out to run across his red lips hungrily, certainly eyeing something he wanted, and he knew that he wasn't going to simply let her slip away from him again.

When the creature stood up finally, ignoring the faint ache that was coming from the back of his host's head, there was utter darkness dancing in the pools of his irises. And his gaze never removed itself from her still frame, not even when one of his hands reached out to run along the comforter he was lying on prior, tauntingly dragging his fingers along it with each step forward in her direction. The blonde knew what he was doing; the fox was trying to imitate her, to distract her enough so she would effortlessly get caught up with him again, and she hated how well it was working.

"Why are you here, little dove?" He questioned once he reached her, only a couple feet separating them, "Why did you set me free? The last time we spoke you were still very mad."

"Well...I figured if I did this for you, then you would finally leave me alone for good. Just like I've always wanted. No more keeping tabs on me, no more checking up, no more interaction whatsoever," Pru explained surprisingly calm, but the more she spoke, the more she realized how untrue it sounded and he saw that too.

"Do I at least get a goodbye kiss?" He asked, taking a big step closer, deciding to play along, his eyes constantly flickering to her soft, pink lips.

She found it hard to breathe as he shortened the proximity, leaning down some so he could be level with her tilted up face, adrenaline gushing through her bloodstream. "No, definitely not."

"Hm," He said, his dark brown eyes boring into her deep blue ones, finding a connection instantly, "How about no goodbye whatsoever?"