twelve ; present

CHAPTER TWELVE ; THOUGHTFULNESS

THE WATER DROPLETS dripped down slowly from the tub's faucet, even after the water was cut off. Each one joined the transparent liquid that made up her bath, creating small, little ripples that disappeared seconds later, and she watched as the process repeated. This was a rare moment where the girl got to think, which she took advantage of.

Her thoughts consisted of many different things to be honest, drifting from the family she had lost, to the current situation they were in, to him, and finally to the group of teenagers that she was helping in destroying. Scott McCall had luckily survived and his boss, the vet, had managed to get the toxins out of him, but at this point it wasn't much of a surprise. Even the blonde knew that it probably would take more than a little wolfsbane to take down a true alpha, especially when he had a loyal pack to back him up.

Though what struck her was that the werewolf was good — and not the kind of good you find in a decent human, not the kind that takes minimum effort to give off. He possessed this light that battled whatever darkness came at him, and he wasn't angry or sad that he was hurt; if anything it was like he wasn't afraid to take whatever came at him as long as it wasn't some other innocent soul in his place. And that absolutely baffled her, because who had that much selflessness? How was it possible he didn't succumb to other unrighteous methods of getting things done? It was almost incomprehensible to even think about.

To do it for someone you were hopelessly in love with, she got, but for a stranger? Someone you don't even know or haven't met before? What was the point? They probably wouldn't do the same for you, they would most likely turn around and run to save themselves, but that didn't matter to Scott. A chance to save someone was a chance worth taking as far as he was concerned, because it wasn't their fault they were in danger, and even if it was that doesn't mean they needed to die. Still, Prudence didn't get it, and she couldn't believed he hasn't gotten himself killed by now. But even though she didn't understand, a part of her was jealous of how he could do that.

The bathroom door opening is what drew her attention away from the questions starting to arise within her, his eyes automatically finding her own before drifting to glance at the rest of her exposed body. The girl inhaled a deep breath, wondering how after everything she could still feel nervous and the need to squirm under his gaze, a recognizable look flashing across the fox's face. Void's eyebrows were raised, surprised yet intrigued at what he happened to walk into, forgetting what he meant to inform her about.

"What do you need?"

"Honestly, you." He admitted shamelessly, the atmosphere around them sparking with tension, a kind that seemed to never fail at appearing.

She turned away from him, focusing on the sight of the tiled wall in front of her that held the shower head, lips twitching in amusement. "Someone's desperate."