sixteen ; present

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: REDEMPTION

HER BLACK, TECHNICALLY stolen car smoothly made a right turn as she gripped the wheel, passing houses, unlit streetlights, and even a person here and there. She drove through Beacon Hills for the first time in two weeks, another motel room a few towns over being her home until she decided precisely where to go next or if she even should go. Prudence had a lot of time to think things though, which was one of the main points in all of this.

Instead of getting lost in the confusion of either being good or evil or both, the blonde decided to concentrate on the facts, the stuff she had drawn a conclusion on. She didn't want to kill anybody for starters or cause a great amount of harm to anyone anymore, but she figured she'd still be up to kick anyone's ass if the opportunity presented itself so she definitely wasn't going full on saint. Pru planned to be more compassionate though, to understand others around her, which is a definite change because she's been focusing on herself only for years. She was just trying to be... better.

Still, the girl was still a little lost; alone time plainly couldn't help with everything. So she headed out in search of an important piece of her past, in search of her red cloak. It was a slim chance it was still around and in tact, but with the amount of spare time on her hands and the access to a computer, she wrote down a couple of addresses that may be the location if the object if it still existed. She'd just gotten back from a trip to Texas to visit an old antique shop only to find it was apart of one of those cheap Halloween costumes. There was also another location in Canada as well, but she figured she'd look there next after Prudence checked the third and final location, Beacon Hills. They weren't kidding when they said it was a beacon for the supernatural and its elements.

It was kind of ironic that she spent centuries trying to forget about it only to obsess over where it was now, but it had always been special to her, it had always brought her meaning, and she needed something like that right now. The blonde really did feel better with herself though, which was the reassurance she needed that she was doing the right thing, that it wasn't a total mistake to leave the love of her life. Things would have been too complicated if she would have stayed.

They had said goodbye and that was it for now, that had to be it. Things were more simple now, they were more clear, because their goals were all along different from one another's, and at the end of the day, it made them destructive towards each other. Half of the time they were always angry because of something the other did, and it was due to the same reason; he did something she would never do or she did something he would never do. The couple had to be on the same page, but until then, Pru had to figure out which one she even wanted to precisely be on.

The only problem was she couldn't do it alone—well, she could if she took the time to do it the wrong way that would end in more kidnapping and blackmail. Obviously that wasn't exactly the more harmless solution, so for once the girl choose a different path, one that happened to lead to her pulling into Scott McCall's driveway. She needed his help, and was going to try her best to be as civil as possible, considering it wasn't exactly following her intentions of getting out of this battle she indirectly started up once again.