twenty ; present

CHAPTER TWENTY: BURNING JUST RIGHT PT

CHAPTER TWENTY: BURNING JUST RIGHT PT. 2
(FINAL CHAPTER)

TO BE WHOLEHEARTEDLY honest, going into this Scott hadn't really thought of a thorough plan. So much had gone on during these past couple of months, and now with senior year starting in merely two weeks, it seems so unbelievable that he may not be beginning the school year with all of the people he loves. They were either going to make things right and get Stiles back, or they were going to get hurt or possibly worse trying. He felt nervous and unsure about bringing the rest of his pack along, not wanting to lose whoever he had left, but they wouldn't let him do this alone.

Pru was the one driving them all; Scott was back on the passenger side while Liam was squished in the middle of Lydia and Kira in the backseat. She could practically taste the anxiousness in the atmosphere, because in reality none of them knew what to expect, if going in spontaneously like this was one of the stupidest things ever or not. Really though it was a chance, and a chance was all they've ever needed. They were going to do this together, relying on the only thing they've ever had: each other.

It was as if everyone's chests tightened in unison when they arrived at the high school, the rain still pouring down relentlessly and heavily, darkness looming over the building that had been locked up for the night. Emotions of all kind were gnawing at her, begging her to freak out or freeze or do anything except remain composed when things were getting hectic, when things were getting hard to face. The blonde drowned all of that out though the best she could, knowing she had to do the right thing, she had to be on their side.

Once the car was parked, the human watched as Scott opened his mouth, struggling to say what was on his mind. "None of you have to go in there with me. I don't... I can't be the reason any of you are put in more danger."

"Scott, we're all here for the same reason." Kira told her boyfriend, comfortingly reaching out to touch his arm.

"To save Stiles." Lydia clarified, referencing the boy that she became very close to.

"To set things right." Prudence added, meaning every bit of what she had said.

"Okay," Liam spoke up, the Triskelion box in his hands that Pru had managed to get for them, "Let's do this."

Without any rush, all of them climbed out of the vehicle, shutting the doors quietly behind them. Argent, who had parked not too far away in the back, began to approach them, a navy blue bag hanging over his shoulder filled with weapons forged with silver — those were mostly for the Oni that would most likely be joining the fight. The man was glad Scott had asked for his help.

Scott and Argent embraced each other in a hug, an action that probably wouldn't of happened years ago when he was convinced the young boy wasn't good enough for his daughter. The hunter remembered how nervous and clumsy the werewolf was around him, flustered constantly whenever he eyed him a little too menacingly about being close to Allison. Now he couldn't imagine a life without Scott, the person who had grew up into this amazing and selfless leader, who felt like a son to him.