fourteen ; past

CHAPTER FOURTEEN ; HEARTFELT

WHEN SHE WAS A CHILD, Prudence often found herself attempting to tag along with her older sister everywhere she went, wanting to do things she was repeatedly told she was not old enough to do. The fact that it never ended that way, her mother always holding her back saying she could run around with her odd neighbor that was her age instead, made her quite a grumpy kid. She was stubborn even then, and as she continued on growing up, it caused her to be more independent than most.

Friends wasn't something she had a lot of, but due to the fact she was taught to be kind even when she didn't want to be, the blonde never had trouble squeezing into the nearest group of giggling girls, not missing who they thought was the most handsome in the village. Though admittedly she spent most of her time with her sweet, wise grandmother, never forgetting to visit the old womon at least once a day. It wasn't necessarily uncommon for her to stay past sunset—much to her mother's dismay—, and because of that habit, as you already know, that's what changed her destiny forever.

And that's what she was currently thinking about in this moment where they were both lying on the floor, blankets underneath and on top of their bare bodies, enjoying the afterglow of the passionate session they shared. It was mere coincidence that they happened to cross paths that night, though as Pru thought about it more simply, it was like that for most people. You don't suspect when you're about to meet someone really special, someone that is going to get under your skin in the most extravagant way. It's the most unpredictable thing you could think of.

She tilted her head up to be able to see him better, watching him stare up at the ceiling of the cabin, his fingers absentmindedly drawing random shapes on her shoulder while his arm stayed wrapped around her. There was still so much she wanted to know about him, so much background history she wanted explained, but to be fair she knew more than most. After all, it's not everyday a secretive fox like him truly revels himself to someone.

"Why did you come here in the first place?" She asked quietly, only curiosity behind the question.

"Like most places I go, I only intended on passing through. Soon enough I'll leave—once a little chaos is spread of course." He explained, feeling her shift so she was lying on her side, her check pressed flat against his shoulder.

There it was though. That feeling, sweeping him away from his other priorities until he just felt it, until he just felt her. Void did something with her that he has never done with anyone else during his nearly six hundred years of living, he told her the truth. At first it felt foreign on his tongue, and he questioned as to why he even decided to experiment with it, but now...he liked it. He liked sharing something unique like that with her.