IV: MEDIUM-SHIP.

THE WINTER HOUSEHOLD

12:00 AM.

Madi waited inside her foster home, in her bedroom where everything was where it was the last time she was there. She sat at the edge of her bed, staring emotionless into the wall mirror that was across from her as she let the silence keep her relaxed and at ease. Amos was in the guest room sleeping, her foster parents were asleep as well, and that left her being wide awake. She was one who enjoyed the silence in the middle of the night, it was one of the many few things that helped her maintain her cool and keep her temper down. Albeit, she was enjoying hours of silence, she had something to do, something she needed to do alone. Madi noticed the top of her head had more black hair spreading, it had spread about an inch the last time she checked. She did not know what was exactly happening to her, yet. It was the least of her worries at the moment.

The girl stood up from her bed and put on her black coat then adjusted the collar, making it point upward. She wrapped a black scarf around her neck and tied her wavy ivory hair back into a ponytail. Madi walked over to her window, opened the curtains and then the window itself before letting herself out. She closed the curtains again and slightly left the window open so that it would be way easier to let herself back in when she returned home who knows when.

She took out her phone and called Mia who picked up immediately to her surprise. The icy girl was surprised for a mere moment only to have the recurring fact pop into her mind that Mia was always a busy woman, and an adult at that.

'What's wrong, Madi?'

'I love how you just assume things are wrong with me. Anyway, I need the location of Farrah and Blake.'

'My apologies and why may I ask?'

'I need to apologize for what happened in the past. I had not done so earlier due to my emotions, but I think now is fine for me to do so.'

'At this time of night? Madi, I'm not dumb. Tell me the real reason why.'

'Intelligent as ever still. I'm going to see if Blake is able to connect with...Marc and the others. He's a grim reaper. I want to talk to them.'

'Athena is as well. Why don't you ask her?'

'You think she would do that for me? No, she's too afraid.'

'And you aren't?'

'I'm. Not. Scared. I'm not asking her and I will not even if you make me. I'm going to ask Blake, he'll answer to me. Now where are they?'

'And you're still stubborn as ever, even after the war. They're at Ethel's Orphanage.'

'My thanks, Mia. Although, you cannot speak a word of this to anyone. Not even Leah, got it?'

'Affirmative. Be safe out there, we don't know what's out in the night now.'

Madi hung up and jumped down from her roof, landing on her feet. She then began jogging after she set a point on her phone's map to her destination. To her surprise it was near the hospital Nathaniel resides at before he was released, so fortunate for her it wasn't as far as she thought. She would have taken a car but that would simply wake up her foster family who were light sleepers, although she couldn't say the same about Amos. She wouldn't dare risk it though.

With the wave of her hand she created a dark portal and used her mind power to let it lead her to her desired destination. Soon enough she was able to walk through it and she ended up where she wanted. Madi wrapped the scarf around her whole head, covering her white hair and also around her neck.