V: BLACK LIES.

ICONE

UNKNOWN TIME

Chione and Poseidon watched their daughter through a crystal ball with sadness in their eyes. The goddess wrapped her arms around her husband's as she didn't dare let her tears be shed. "I do not know how much longer we can keep up the lying."

"Perhaps we do not have to anymore." Poseidon replied in almost a whisper prior to letting out a sigh of frustration. "We can not tell her, we have orders from Destiny. She's above us and who knows what she'll do, or what Madison will do if she finds out." Chione shook her head as she lowered her hands to her side. Her cold head leaned against her tall consort's shoulder. "This is the second time we are lying to her about something far from minuscule. Not only will she be stirred when she finds out, Amos will be as well. I believe Marc would be too if he were here. The two boys would be disappointed in both of us for what we've kept from her. It could possibly hurt her more than the fact that we have not been there for her for seventeen years."

"I know, dear, you are right. But...I just want her to be happy, she absolutely deserves to know the truth. She has gone through so much throughout her life time, more than the ordinary girl has gone through. She has sacrificed so much and has hardly gotten any happiness out of it." Poseidon stared at Madison through the crystal ball and saw her emotionless face, but also noticed the top of her head. When she lashed out at Jeno, it removed the layer of ice that she covered her black hair with, now it was exposed. Chione and Poseidon had noticed small hairs before but now it was spreading, they didn't understand why it was like that now. They needed answers.

They heard a knock at the door, but it opened before Chione could run to open it herself. When the double doors were opened simultaneously, it revealed Hestia, Hades, and Zeus. They had come without their consorts, to the surprise of Icone's rulers they straightened themselves and put on fake grins to at least greet the siblings politely.

"Cease the facade." Hades spoke, exhaling sharply as Chione and Poseidon's faces softened to the more somber expressions they had plastered on before the three came unexpectedly. "What brings you to Icone? Especially...you." Chione stared at Hestia the longest who cleared her throat, signaling that the uncomfortable gaze was bothering her. The rulers of Icone were not necessarily fond of Hestia, yet. Even with her being Poseidon's sister, he felt betrayed because she was on the wrong side for a long time.

"We came to talk to you about your well beings." Zeus answered, clasping his hands together. "You mean how we are with lying to Madison?" Poseidon raised an eyebrow, knowing his instinct was right. Hestia nodded for the trio that just entered.

"I still cannot believe you did not tell us the real truth until last night." Hades shook his head in disappointment and frustration. "We were given orders to keep her situation...confidential. We were given orders by Destiny herself, not her sister Astraea, that girl left Destiny's a long time ago." Chione replied back, crossing her arms as she leaned her back against the glass table behind her.

"I have seen her with that new power she took from Athena's foster parents and I have witnessed her anger, she will certainly not be happy with you two when she finds out." Hestia didn't know whether to be amused at the fact or sorry that the couple had to go through such things with Destiny and Madison. Poseidon exhaled through his nose as he shook his head, he did notice that little smirk on his sister's lips and he completely disapproved of it, but decided that he wanted to keep this professional and said no word of her snarky action aloud.

"We have witnessed as well, we were there. You saw us." The goddess of ice softly clenched her fists as she leered at Hestia. She still wasn't fond of her yet and she didn't know when she will be. Both her and her husband shared mutual feelings towards the goddess of fire. "Precisely and I know that she is changing. She is becoming dangerous to us, you two, and her friends." Hestia added on before making her way over to look at Madison through the crystal ball.