Chapter Three: Still Sane

III. Still Sane

I felt his hard-cut abs behind my back. His long arms snaked themselves around my waist and I breathed in all of him. When I finally turned to face him, our blue eyes locked.

"I love you, Kaylee."

And just like that, he leaned towards me and our lips came into contact. The kiss was so full of passion, love, and trust. I knew then, that there was something there for him too. This was the kiss that would change our whole friendship forever.

"I love you too."

A wad of paper smacked the side of my head and snapped me out of my little daytime fantasy. Damn it, how long was I out? My teacher probably already hated me now and it was only the first day of school.

I unfolded the paper and saw that it was from Dylan.

"Hey, are you okay? You look totally spaced and your cheeks are all flushed. Too busy daydreaming about me? ;)"

I swear I could imagine his smirk as I read that. Little did he know that his teasing was spot on - I had been daydreaming about him. Panicking, I reached up and felt my cheeks. Sure enough, they were on fire and I knew they were bright red.

"Keep dreaming, Dylan. I think the person that's actually daydreaming about you is over there ->"

I chucked the note back towards him and it hit him square in the face. He, apparently, was zoning out too and his whole body jumped when I hit him. I had to do my best to refrain from doubling over in laughter. His face was priceless! He opened the note and looked to where the arrow was pointing - the girl on his right. She was staring at him with a dazed look and was so out of it that she didn't even notice when he turned to look at her. I could see from where I sat that he was chuckling to himself. We made eye contact and his blue eyes almost made me way to melt into his arms right there and then.

He stopped chuckling and mouthed, "Sorry that I'm so hot." He flashed me a smile and a smirk all in one.

I rolled my eyes at his conceit and tried to focus on the lesson. It was hard to though, since my heart was about to practically burst out of my chest from pounding so much. He was so cute, damn him. Every witty comment or look he gave me made me want to just tell him how I felt so much more. This was eating me alive and if I wanted to keep my wits, I needed someone to vent to. I think it was time to tell Bree, no matter how embarrassed I was to admit it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god just tell me who it is already!!!"

Bree was yelling at me for stalling. It was after school and we were at her house, in her huge room. Even though no one else was home, I was terrified to tell her in fear of someone finding out about my secret crush on Dylan. If anyone else found out, I'd probably die. It already took me this long to muster up the courage to tell my best friend. Since I've been over, I told her that I liked someone, but my words caught before I could go any further. I'd never been nervous to talk to Bree before - what was happening? Ugh, this is the effect Dylan had on me.

"Alright, alright!! I'll tell you -" I paused. "- just swear you won't freak out or tell anyone."

"Why the hell would I tell someone?? Now spill it sister!"

Bree's brown eyes looked like daggers and I was sure that she would flip out on me if I held out on her any longer.

"I like Dylan...I have for a while but I was hoping it'd go away. It hasn't though, and I realized that I'm totally crazy for him. Every time he talks to me, or even smiles, I fall harder for him. So there you have it, I like Dylan." I spilled, exasperated.